WWII Yard Long - Company D, 399th Infantry Regiment, 100th Division

JasonT

Thought I would share my most recent purchase, which came from a group of 5 yard long photographs off of Ebay. I don't collect them, but purchased the group for one photo in particular, which appeared to show members of the 100th Division. While the unit in the photo was not identified, I was interested nonetheless and thought maybe there was a chance to research and ID it somehow. Plus, for $20 it was well worth a shot. The shoulder patches on a few of the uniforms did appear to be the 100th insignia, but I wasn't 100% sure. Once I received it the first thing I noticed was the flag, which appeared to be for a 'D' Company. I grabbed one of my 1944 Century Yearbooks and looked up the photos for D Company in each of the regiments and sure enough there was a match! I was able to match the yearbook photos of D Company 399th Regiment's officers with the officers in the yard long. Seeing as the photo was well preserved and had no tears or folding seams, I took it to Michael's to get framed and it is now one of the centerpieces of my 100th collection. FYI, I still plan to research the other 4 yard longs that seem to range from interwar period up to WW2. 

1219079798_framedphoto.jpg.8db7a7981c036e7bd235a52da9a7245d.jpg