My Eclectic Mix of Military Collectible Toys

Bugme

1 hour ago, Proud Kraut said:

Terrific! Is this a fantasy insignia on the helmet?

Yes, fantasy insignia. These were made for children by Marx toys in WWII 

Screenshot_20211016-152846_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Marine said:

Nice mix of items.  The glass ship is pretty unique.

It was sold to children filled with candy. There were several designs that kids could play with after eating the candy. This one was never opened. You can see the remains of the dried up candy inside.

20211016_153443.jpg

20211016_153505.jpg

3 hours ago, manayunkman said:

You don’t often see a glass candy container with its cardboard lid and it’s even rarer to have contents.

Is it post Span-Am or post WW1?

They were made between 1914 and 1918 but the ships are patterned after Span-Am era battleships.

22 hours ago, Bugme said:

Yes, fantasy insignia. These were made for children by Marx toys in WWII 

Screenshot_20211016-152846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for posting the close-up, great insignia & helmet.

1 hour ago, manayunkman said:

Here is something with a twist, a TippCo German half-track and gun sold on the American market before the war.

A8F14FC2-7911-41B3-9F7A-2C86B2C5D646.jpeg

Now that is WAY cool!

1 hour ago, manayunkman said:

Here is something with a twist, a TippCo German half-track and gun sold on the American market before the war.

A8F14FC2-7911-41B3-9F7A-2C86B2C5D646.jpeg

Wow I never knew they imported those vehicles for the American market…..that is an outstanding piece! It also looks like a number of pieces that I have seen as German soldiers but with a switched head and different paint are now US…

21 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Wow I never knew they imported those vehicles for the American market…..that is an outstanding piece! It also looks like a number of pieces that I have seen as German soldiers but with a switched head and different paint are now US…

They were available at high end toy stores in the US.

Both Elastolin and Lineol would use their basic German figures and change the head and paint and voila you have English, US, French, Dutch, Abyssinian, Italian and more.

Found this WWII era toy at an estate sale. It was obvious that it had been played with and this poor B-24 was missing some tail fins and propellers but, it still spoke to me of it's many homefront battles so, it came along with me to my war room.

20211021_150840.jpg

40 minutes ago, Bugme said:

Found this WWII era toy at an estate sale. It was obvious that it had been played with and this poor B-24 was missing some tail fins and propellers but, it still spoke to me of it's many homefront battles so, it came along with me to my war room.

20211021_150840.jpg

Very cool paint job.

I would have brought it home too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 10:38 PM, Bugme said:

It was sold to children filled with candy. There were several designs that kids could play with after eating the candy. This one was never opened. You can see the remains of the dried up candy inside.

20211016_153443.jpg

20211016_153505.jpg

Here is a glass Jeep version with its candy still inside. Given that it is a Jeep it must be of a later date than your battle ship.

SAM_7983.jpg.9f8995ba07f8aa2447e6447a0746f66a.jpgSAM_7984.JPG.4e9b0b87cc2c41959b9edac9ab8de056.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 7:19 PM, Bugme said:

20211021_150840.jpg

I wouldn't have passed on it!

Do you think this was one of the wartime kits that were submitted and assessed for use for plane identification? If so, I'd think the paint job is contemporary.

Dave

20 minutes ago, dmar836 said:

I wouldn't have passed on it!

Do you think this was one of the wartime kits that were submitted and assessed for use for plane identification? If so, I'd think the paint job is contemporary.

Dave

Possible but, I'll never know.

• 3 weeks later...