Vietnam era white t shirt question

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS

So I was looking on ebay and saw someone selling 3 Vietnam era white t shirts dated 64 still sealed in the plastic package. My question is, it sold for $110.50+$7.00 shipping I understand their rare to find and I almost placed a bid but hesitated. Is the sold price insane or do sealed packs actually sell for that much? I have never seen one for sale before so I'm not to sure on price. 

Screenshot_20211015-183848.jpg

LE LOUP DES MERS
1 minute ago, vintageproductions said:

that price is actually very reasonable

I guess I shouldn't have hesitated then.

I think this falls under the catagory of how much would this item really be worth to you?

So if you had paid $120 for 3 white tee shirts, what would you do with them?  Keep them wrapped and sitting on a shelf, pulling them out every now and then

just to see the label?  

And these are white, not cammo.  For reenacting purposes or display purposes a white tee shirt is a white tee shirt.  How many white tee shirts can one buy 

for $120?

When I go to view a Vietnam display or collection, I'm not prone to running into the room and saying "Where are the period issued white tee shirts!"

There are a lot of things from the Vietnam era that one can spend money on.  I'd say some are more exciting than others.  Perhaps your first instinct was the

right one for your collecting tastes and budget. 

On 10/16/2021 at 7:23 PM, gwb123 said:

When I go to view a Vietnam display or collection, I'm not prone to running into the room and saying "Where are the period issued white tee shirts!"

I can vouch for it, that even though he says he isn't prone to do so, Gil DOES go running into the Vietnam displays SCREAMING "Where are the period issued white tee shirts and drawers!?!?!?" "Socks! Where are the issued socks?" It's about gotten to the point that I don't want to visit Vietnam displays with him anymore.

Seriously, Gil, I almost rolled on the floor imagining some guy doing just this. Thanks for the laugh.

Allan

Awhile ago..I attended an estate sale of a US Army veteran/retiree and saw a package of NOS OD drawers never opened....and I figured "Why not..." and I bought them. I recall that there are three (3) in a package...what are they worth?  Thank you 

LE LOUP DES MERS

Well I did end up buying a green t shirt the guy said it was original so I took his word for it. I bought it from baystate militaria for $35

DSCN3965zz_small.jpeg

DSCN3966zz_small.jpeg

No your foot locker display did not contain packaged t-shirts, and the issue ones in the mid 60 (BPED of 3-66) were cheap junk and the necks soon drooped to your tits, they were terrible quality and yes they were white.  And once out of basic training we bought decent ones on the economy rather than clothing sales so the neck line would stand up and look better with your starched fatigues.