Generations of Soldiers

Primoris Scio

Primoris Scio

I am a US Army vet and 4th consecutive generation soldier.  I enjoy researching my family's extensive military history, I have been able to confirm at least 23 men from my family have been serving as soldiers beginning in the 1650s until the present-day.  

The quality of the information and forum experts here is excellent, I have been using this site to study the uniform and medals that my great-grandfather earned.  He served with the New York National Guard 3rd Infantry Regiment and they did a tour in Pharr, TX at the Mexican border in 1916.  During WW1 he was with the 108th Infantry Regiment, 27th Infantry Division, he fought in several battles including the Battle of St. Quentin Canal on 29 September 1918 which broke the Hindenburg Line, and he was wounded in the Battle of Jonc de Mer Ridge on 18 October 1918.  When I finish the collection I will create a post about it, I am still searching for a miniature version of the New York State Mexican Border Service Medal and a 27th ID uniform tunic.

- There is nothing better than a good war story, especially when it is true.

Welcome to the forum. That is quite the family history of service. My dad was in the 27th from 1940 through the end of the war. That's a bit later than your great grandfather. But I'm always interested in the division's history.  I look forward to hearing more from you. 

Mikie