Advice on tightening a stacked leather grip

sundance

Just looking for some help with tightening up the stacked leather grip on an M-3. The grip is a bit dry and several hairline spaces have opened up between disks (maybe 2 or 3 hairs on some). I can certainly live with it as is but if there is some easy way to plump up a few of the disks I'd like to try. Would applying Ren Wax several times help perhaps? I also have a liquid leather conditioner called Scout Leather Balm I could try. I'd probably screw things up if I tried smacking the pommel and re-preening. Anyone had luck with any simple fixes? Thanks.

For very slight wobble at the crossguard, dental floss works like a charm.  It may work between spacers if they likewise have a little wobble.  Good luck!

Tim's method works fine, I have also used sewing thread. Have also found that "Super Glue" in small amounts can stabilize the leather washers.  SKIP

You can also try to steam the handle over boiling water. It takes a little time. Keep rotating the handle to get the moisture to cover the grip. If the grip is set across the pan and left to long the leather can "fuzz" put but can be corrected and smoothed with a fine sand paper then a bit of shoe polish or even paste wax will work. I did this on a old kabar and seem to help

Pecards antique dressing is distillates and beeswax.  It worked well for me.  I use a fair amount of runny superglue when working with old swords.

L-77 002.jpg