My newest additon to the collection - 1st Division

Mr.Jerry

I was on pins & needles for 2 weeks waiting until this one finally came into the shop!  Named to the officer inside.  Early Rayon webbing. I am honored to have this one in the collection

IMG_8606.JPG

IMG_8605.JPG

IMG_8603.JPG

As I pick my jaw up off the floor, all I can say is WOW!!!! That’s a really hard to find BRO helmet and with photographic evidence is icing on the cake.

marty

Thanks guys- I feel really fortunate to add this one to my collection.  The family is bringing more stuff in, they have a photo album of his (they let me have that one photo of him already), documents, uniform, some other pieces.  I did get his North Africa (?) Invasion gauze arm flag, and some other 1st Div bits with it (and the German helmets he brought back). So I will share more once that happens.

14 hours ago, Mr.Jerry said:

and the best part... a photo of him wearing it!

IMG_8611.JPG

Yahtzee! Haha. Always wanted a period pic of one of my helmets in use on the man. Nice nice pick up what’s the mans Bio?

2 hours ago, Paddyd00 said:

Nice nice pick up what’s the mans Bio?

Thank you- He was kind of a "Been there, done that" kind of guy- I don't want to share too much about him yet as I am still working with the family for "the rest of the story"

DD.jpg

It’s funny because I opened this up on my phone and at first said to myself “oh no another bad fake from a famous division” and then saw the photo of him wearing it and am now scheduling the surgery to get my jaw off the ground and reattached. Absolutely fantastic helmet, and always cool to see an early war painted BRO helmet