Anybody else see this, WOW!

rldarmstr

Wow.

Did you read through the bids?

In the past 30 days, this is the only thing the winner bid on. If there is a retraction, it will be very interesting.

Looks like before it reached $350 it was down to three, then at around $600 only two.  But that's all it takes to run the price up.

12 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

Is it a common Bolo?

yes..and no. In my thinking most seen are the Plumb marked. This ones an Springfield Armory. Does an SA command that much more ? or is this one not going to be paid for? Also see more and more of ebay articles about money laundering. Could be just to emotional bidders filling a gap too?  Im guessing we will see more come out of drawers and closets hoping lighting will strike twice

13 minutes ago, doyler said:

yes..and no. In my thinking most seen are the Plumb marked. This ones an Springfield Armory. Does an SA command that much more ? or is this one not going to be paid for? Also see more and more of ebay articles about money laundering. Could be just to emotional bidders filling a gap too?  Im guessing we will see more come out of drawers and closets hoping lighting will strike twice

Thanks Ron.

There is a Bolo in the for sale section for under $300 right now.

1 hour ago, manayunkman said:

Thanks Ron.

There is a Bolo in the for sale section for under $300 right now.

I still see nice Plumb Bolos here for $150-200 and not a quick seller. 

I have several M1917Plumb, and ACC Bolos, and 1 Springfield M1910.  Although not rare, I have had a difficult time locating a Springfield with the scabbard catch still intact.  But, for $770 no way I would have been bidding. Patience will eventually win out, and I will find one.  SKIP

I started collecting bayonets and bolo knives back in 2004. These are the ones I have, The far left is an early side seam scabbard and a 1912 dated bright blade bolo, then and ACCO, a  Plumb St. Louis, a Plumb Phil., and another SA dated 1917 blued blade with catch.

Sure glad I picked these up when I did. I couldn't afford what I have at today's prices.

IMG_6082.JPG

Charlie Flick

I think that the Springfield Armory made bolos tend to bring a substantial premium over the Plumb and AC Co. made bolos.  How much that premium is cannot be quantified easily, but in my experience it is at least 25%.

I have never heard of Ebay being used as a money laundering device, but I suppose that technique would work until it didn't.  You would have to run a lot of auctions to make it worthwhile for a crook to run the risk, I suppose. And there would be a substantial paper trail left as evidence for the authorities.  

Charlie