Request for assessing period of this cap & patch

Chris

While this patch was posted previously, this post has a different focus. Please bear with me. The patch on this cap has generated some interest. Some  folks have seen it on the loose, but nobody knows what it is. It's possible that this is associated with a State Guard or similar organization. I have contact with the family where this one originated, so we are trying to attribute it to a family member, or at least a specific generation, so we can maybe jog a family memory and / or narrow our investigation to a particular veteran. Therefore, I am asking for help in dating this patch and cap. The family has members who served from WWII - to post Vietnam. The cap is an Army type, and one would think that the branch alone would help narrow the search (some were Navy vets). But if this was issued by a vet's group or State Guard type organization, the member's former or later branch of service could have been other than Army. Additionally, the fact that "Bob" is embroidered in the cap should surely help. But there is a Robert (Navy), a "Robby" (Navy), and no other Roberts or Bobs that the family can recall right now. So, if the experts can help me nail down the age of the patch and cap, we will keep investigating!

20211010_083629.jpg

20211010_083634.jpg

20211010_083648.jpg

20211010_083712.jpg

20211008_071254.jpg