FS SB Schlueter Marked Navy Helmet V-2 118

fight

Recently picked this one up and was wondering if someone would be able to help identify the meaning of the markings? I know these markings can be hard to ID, but I figured I give it a shot. 

Thanks! 

- Alec

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

Burning Hazard

I have this chart as reference

I believe V-2 has something to do with aircraft carriers - Navy vets will have to confirm

Pat

Ship Divisions.jpg

V-2 (and actually I believe the “V” helmet another member posted recently) have to do with Naval Aviation Stations aboard a Vessel. Was just reading “Devotion” by Adam Makos (about Korean Navy Fliers) and he says “he had a “V” on his helmet indicating usage by the ships Air Crew ” (paraphrasing).

Very nice helmet with a great look - the green and the yellow. 

Z

1 hour ago, Paddyd00 said:

V-2 (and actually I believe the “V” helmet another member posted recently) have to do with Naval Aviation Stations aboard a Vessel. Was just reading “Devotion” by Adam Makos (about Korean Navy Fliers) and he says “he had a “V” on his helmet indicating usage by the ships Air Crew ” (paraphrasing).

Very nice helmet with a great look - the green and the yellow. 

Z

Thanks for the info. I was looking around and that seems to make sense.

- Alec

2 hours ago, fight said:

@sigsayeyou seem to have a wealth of knowledge for Navy designations, any ideas on this one?

- Alec

V-2 is a division of the Air Department aboard An aircraft carrier. They are responsible for the flight deck, catapults and arresting gear. They are the A/C V handlers (blue shirts), Directors (Yellow Shirts), Cats and Gear (Green Shirts), and Fire Fighters (Red Shirts). 

so, that helmet belonged to V-2 division, Air Department of some Aircraft Carrier, and was given the accounting number of 118

18 minutes ago, sigsaye said:

V-2 is a division of the Air Department aboard An aircraft carrier. They are responsible for the flight deck, catapults and arresting gear. They are the A/C V handlers (blue shirts), Directors (Yellow Shirts), Cats and Gear (Green Shirts), and Fire Fighters (Red Shirts). 

so, that helmet belonged to V-2 division, Air Department of some Aircraft Carrier, and was given the accounting number of 118

Many thanks! I appreciate it.

- Alec