OUT of THE RELM A CIVIL WAR SOLDIER FROM THE PAST

donaldnol

This is a picture of Mr. Blair standing with his springfield musket looks to be a post civil war pic i have no history on him except what my aunty has told me that he is a relative from her grandmother Blair her brother  A neat log house even a pickle jar spit toon and the uniform doesn't look C W possibly a trappers outfit?

IMG_20211008_0001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, donaldnol said:

This is a picture of Mr. Blair standing with his springfield musket looks to be a post civil war pic i have no history on him except what my aunty has told me that he is a relative from her grandmother Blair her brother  A neat log house even a pickle jar spit toon and the uniform doesn't look C W possibly a trappers outfit?

IMG_20211008_0001.jpg

he wears a enlisted mans buckle & belt and there's something attached to his vest up on his chest

3 minutes ago, donaldnol said:

he wears a enlisted mans buckle & belt and there's something attached to his vest up on his chest

no i guess it's a patch repair on his vest

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 1:42 PM, donaldnol said:

no i guess it's a patch repair on his vest

not a patch repair looks like a special patch or service insignia, but the sleeves were cut off at shoulder, the buttons could be bone or glass ? unknown when this pic was taken

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, donaldnol said:

IMG_20211008_0001.jpg

my aunt betty walace had this picture

What an awesome picture.  It looks like he's wearing a Stormy Kromer style hat.  

Jacob