Amphibious Forces WW2

AAlvarado90

Hello

im pretty sure this is a long shot but I’m looking for anything related to Ancelmo Martinez, Naval amphibious forces on the USS Cottle during ww2. Not really sure what’s out there as no one really knows what became of his stuff. 

if anyone even has photos of service members on the Cottle thatd be great as well. Not asking to purchase them but a view of the photos will be great. 

also, anyway of finding BootCamp musters from the war? If they even are available. I know Ancelmo enlisted June 16th of 44 but not sure of when he would have completed bootcamp.

thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, 29navy said:

You can manually search through boot camp musters, but it would make it easier if you had an idea of which one he went to.

Not much on the Cottle out there but here's a link with a couple of pictures:  https://www.navsource.org/archives/10/03/03147.htm

I already have his musters while attached to the cottle, but I appreciate your effort in helping me. Where are the musters for bootcamp located? Only thing I have is Fold3 at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, AAlvarado90 said:

I already have his musters while attached to the cottle, but I appreciate your effort in helping me. Where are the musters for bootcamp located? Only thing I have is Fold3 at the moment. 

They are available on Ancestry.  FOLD3 only has the ships, which are indexed and you can search on them.  The shore stations are not indexed and you can't search on them.  You have to manually search.  So it is a bit time consuming.

2 hours ago, 29navy said:

They are available on Ancestry.  FOLD3 only has the ships, which are indexed and you can search on them.  The shore stations are not indexed and you can't search on them.  You have to manually search.  So it is a bit time consuming.

I wonder if I can convince the wife on a month of ancestry lol thank you! If I come up with anything, I’ll post it here.