huge price for a 1918 LF&C TRENCH KNIFE

mdk0911

Price is insane! Plus 20% auction costs?  Unless my math is wrong, that's like $4300, plus shipping and insurance. Crazy!  SKIP

Insane price for that condition.

A few years ago I sold one in much better condition for a tiny fraction of what these knives bring today. I could kick myself.

Spathologist

WTH are y'all smoking over here in the toothpick aisle?  You could almost get a fair-condition Ames Rifleman's Knife for that....

militariaone
4 hours ago, militariaone said:

That knife was the most expensive individual item sold in the entire auction.🤑

Cha Ching!

V/r Lance

I should have stated at the time, the auction wasn't completed when I posted. Still a crazy price for a L.F.&C. Mark I. 

Best,

V/r Lance

That knife as well as the signed Patton photo belonged to a friend of mine. He is a bit computer illiterate, so he’ll be pleased whe I see him tomorrow.  PS, I have first dibs on his HD&S 

Keith

Was that the auction that also had the Hollywood uniform props?  If so, Lee Van Cleef’s hat from the Good, the Bad and Ugly sold for $11,250!  

Another one in nicer shape sold on gunbroker not too long ago for about the same amount....I think the one I have is in about the same condition as the one shown here....Bodes