Need Help Identifying: Vietnam Era Propaganda Leaflets

kakaratt77

Chieu Hoi (sorry, without accents) means "Open Arms".  These were an appeal for VC soldiers to defect to the Government.  

Some defectors were legit.  Others would defect long enough to join the ARVN (Army of Vietnam) and then disappear back into the jungle with a brand new M-16. 

Supposedly if a VC surrendered waiving one of these leaflets they were supposed to receive decent and humane treatment.

246-374-67 and 246-366-67 would indicate they were printed in 1967.  I think those numbers also indicate they were produced by the Americans.

You can see similar ones on http://www.psywarrior.com/VNRewardsleaf.html

Are they worth anything? I found these in my father's belongings. He was a combat medic with 25th ID in Vietnam.

They have a value, but there are a lot of variables.  Condition, content or illustrations, series number etc.  There are collectors who seek these out.

I did a quick search on eBay's completed listings.  Some went for $12, another for about $36.  But many of them went unsold as well.

(If you do some comparisons on eBay, be cautious... there are a number of fake items out there.)

They are more valuable when kept with your collection of your father's things.  They are part of his story.