T-Handle Shovel Original Or Reproduction?

Panzerfaust

T-Handle Shovel Original Or Reproduction?  I am leaning towards a reproduction, but I want to see what others have to say about the shovel?  Many thanks.

DSC02679.JPG

DSC02680.JPG

DSC02681.JPG

DSC02682.JPG

DSC02683.JPG

DSC02684.JPG

DSC02686.JPG

DSC02687.JPG

phantomfixer

I am gonna say its a repop, the devil is in the details, from my observations on the T handle shovel over the years...

the marking, lack of marking, mounting hardware etc....

no markings on the head would indicate an earlier pre WWII shovel, yet the attachment to wood handle is wrong...there is a lot of info on the forum about the markings and hardware used on the M-1910 shovel, as it evolved from 1910 to 1943

Looked at a number of repops. Could not find one just like yours as they had different welds, shapes of the shovel pan, markings, etc. However, from looking at yours, the design is the M1910 type. In addition, the wooden dowels, which were hammered into the gaps where the two tangs meet the rear of the pan to help secure the wooden shaft to the pan, are totally absent. Also noted the right inside edge of the rear pan lip blocks that spot but not on the left. IMHO repop...

My vote is for reproduction as well, or possibly foreign with US markings applied.  The construction just doesn't look like any genuine GI shovel I've ever seen.

I thought so, but just wanted to confirm it was a reproduction.  Many thanks!

Would the paint color be darker on originals?

• 2 weeks later...