5th Army Airborne Training Center blank certificates+patches

Longhorn92

Longhorn92

I wasn’t sure where to put this but decided on the “Displays” section.

I’ve already shown these two pocket patches; the one at upper left is for the 5th Army Airborne Training Center, which was located at three different locations during the war. It was first located in Morocco, then Sicily, and finally mainland Italy near Rome. This jump school trained replacements and other personnel bound for Airborne units in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations.

The patch at lower right is for the 1st Pathfinder Group, which trained at the school in preparation for the invasion of Southern France in August, 1944. Both patches are extremely rare.

I was fortunate to recently obtain two blank certificates from the school, which came from an officer who was an instructor at the school for the duration of the war. One has an outline of Sicily, which, obviously, tells me this was when the school was on the island of Sicily. The other certificate shows all three locations which means this was when the school was at its final location near Rome. 

Thanks for looking.

7BB11C09-6FE2-49C1-BBC7-B2D4FA8BDD68.jpeg

Allan H.

This is a FANTASTIC display of some very rare patches and even rarer certificates! You have a great eye for display. Thanks for sharing these.

Allan

Brian Dentino

That 1st Pathfinder patch is a real beauty and one of my personal favorite AB patches.  Can you take a few more detailed pictures of it and add to this thread?  Would love to see the bullion work closer.  Stunning Riker display there for sure!!!!