WOW, eBay is really getting out of hand!!! LOL

spagg

1 hour ago, Longbranch said:

Slap on the wrist if you ask me. Three non-payments in a month or two should result in a permanent ban.

It is unfortunate that eBay continually supports developing a selling environment that makes it more difficult for sellers to operate.

For me non payment is minimal 

15 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Im talking recently and I open non payment cases all the time, as a matter of fact I set it up so it happens automatically.

You use to be able to open an "unpaid item dispute" but all of that has gone away with ebay's new policies over the past couple of months. Now all you can do is relist it with no repercussions to the buyer. I personally know of a guy that hasn't paid for almost ten items and hasn't been suspended by ebay. Everything ebay does is stacked in the buyers favor, they don't want to scare off buyers and they want to appeal more to the Amazon market, where you can cancel and return anything for no reason at all. 

Also to answer your earlier question, I have buyers that bid/buy items and don't pay almost weekly and I'm a very small-time casual seller. Some younger overseas buyers of collectable militaria have taken on the strategy of not paying for an item and than when it get's relisted it almost always sells for less.  

1 hour ago, saxecoburg said:

You use to be able to open an "unpaid item dispute" but all of that has gone away with ebay's new policies over the past couple of months. Now all you can do is relist it with no repercussions to the buyer. I personally know of a guy that hasn't paid for almost ten items and hasn't been suspended by ebay. Everything ebay does is stacked in the buyers favor, they don't want to scare off buyers and they want to appeal more to the Amazon market, where you can cancel and return anything for no reason at all. 

Also to answer your earlier question, I have buyers that bid/buy items and don't pay almost weekly and I'm a very small-time casual seller. Some younger overseas buyers of collectable militaria have taken on the strategy of not paying for an item and than when it get's relisted it almost always sells for less.  

1 hour ago, saxecoburg said:

double-post

Thats too bad.

Ebay opens a case for me automatically after several days I forget how many days I chose to do.

We sell a ton on eBay under several accounts and we have unpaid items now and then but we must be lucky.

As for non paying bidders, it’s out of my control so I don’t spend time thinking about it as it usually amounts to nothing.

In finishing i love eBay, it’s like a beautiful woman who picks her teeth with her fingernail, who the heck cares.

Ebay has been an absolute miserable experience between the excessive fees, and sellers have no protection whatsoever. I have sold items and explained in detail in the description about flaws and issues with the item,and A buyer can make the purchase and still complain about the issues you mentioned, open up a case  and get a refund. And Ebay always sides with the buyer.  Its absolute abuse.  Also its true, buyers are  not forced to finalize their purchases anymore. Before buyers would recieve non paying strikes, and  get their account suspended,  not the case anymore. I have had to relist so many items because a non paying bidders . So essentially these buyers can do whatever they please. 

1 hour ago, C.C. Benoit said:

Ebay has been an absolute miserable experience between the excessive fees, and sellers have no protection whatsoever. I have sold items and explained in detail in the description about flaws and issues with the item,and A buyer can make the purchase and still complain about the issues you mentioned, open up a case  and get a refund. And Ebay always sides with the buyer.  Its absolute abuse.  Also its true, buyers are  not forced to finalize their purchases anymore. Before buyers would recieve non paying strikes, and  get their account suspended,  not the case anymore. I have had to relist so many items because a non paying bidders . So essentially these buyers can do whatever they please. 

Now Bidders can also retract a bid ? Even before buyers remorse, I think a lot of these so called collectors have a very limited fund. Then they see something else they want more. Try that at a show. Hey I want to return this helmet I bought an hour ago. 

I simply "block the bidder" from doing it again too. me....I have about 25 names on it, Once is enough for me. Don't waste my time.  start yours today! LOL  

Ebay gives all the breaks to the buyer and the seller will almost always be the bad guy regardless. This all began when sellers could no longer leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers. Ebay is trying to turn an auction service into a Amazon type retail store where buyers can return merch or get out of a deal for any reason. IMHO the only real protection as a Ebay seller is to be proactive by adding any identified (or those you suspect of being so) deadbeats to your blocked bidder list...accomplished with no more than copying & pasting their UUID onto the box so provided.

16 minutes ago, pwcosol said:

your blocked bidder list...

I have a big one of those: anyone who asks a stupid question about one of my listings goes on the list, especially those who ask, "How come shipping is so much?"