What are these Visors for, and what are these clips for?

ChrisG43

I'll probably be doing a lot of these posts, bought a large box of items, so don't really know a lot, but trying to nail stuff down...

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

The elastic webbing straps, the black spacer shims and the neutral grey visor with the Gentex logo are for the SPH-4 helmet.  Its def a older SPH visor too with the old Gentex globe logo.  That might be one of the earlier part number that wasn't made of poly carbonate and were replaced with one that was. 

The OD visor housing look to be from a post 1966 APH-5A helmet. 

The white dual visor housings are a PRU-36 used for the HGU-26 flight helmet. 

The broken harness with the snaps is for a Quick Don MBU-5/P oxygen mask.  It mounts around the ear cups of a pilots headset and allows the user to don or doff the O2 mask easy

Talking about the parts I know, here you have indeed a complete white PRU-36/P dual-visor housing for HGU-26/P (or retrofitted HGU-2A/P helmets), and another white PRU-36/P housing (with reinforcing metal pieces) missing the visor assembly inside.

In my opinion, the 2 OD housings seem to come from an AFH-1 or APH-5A helmet chopper from the late 60's (although some of the late APH-5A housings were plastic with a prominent ridge on the center visor track which is absent here ; and the pre-1966 APH-5A housings were glass fiber made with reinforcing metal tracks).

Perhaps the single smoke visor would fit these housings ?

I trust Mohawk with the rest 😉.

The two green are AFH-1 based on the visible fraying of the "ballistic" (Mfg term) cloth in the screw holes

and the lack of any visable visor lock track which is part of the plastic visor housing casting design.

4 hours ago, AMT500E said:

The two green are AFH-1 based on the visible fraying of the "ballistic" (Mfg term) cloth in the screw holes

and the lack of any visable visor lock track which is part of the plastic visor housing casting design.

Looking at them again on the computer vs phone I'd agree