M1 Garand - current value?

rd12

On 10/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, rd12 said:

Thanks for all the assistance, here’s a few pics. I even found the card it shipped with and the original receipt. They were $400 in 2000. 

4D923A7D-8756-4023-BFA5-03D6A4180B12.jpeg

First one I got from the CMP in the late 80s was $269 I recall shipped. Qualified through the local club 3-4 years later one of my Co-workers wanted to sell his that he got when I did. His was a Winchester reciever. He wanted $350 at the time....done deal. 

22 hours ago, Charlie Flick said:

Questions on firearm values are always tough due to there being so many variables (location, condition, originality, bore quality, etc.)

Here is one definite data point for you, however.  The Summer 2021 issue of the Garand Collectors Association Journal had a small article reporting on the results of a February 2021 auction held in a "small Missouri town".  There were 77 M1 Garands sold, most of which had come from the CMP.  The condition ran from "excellent to parts guns."  The average sale price realized was $1630.

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Charlie 

Man! Where was I for that one? I live in a "small Missouri town". LOL!

Every time I see one in a gun store or at a range that sells guns they are almost always about $2000.00. Seems to be the magic number. One I saw last month had a new barrel (Criterion) and new wood. Not my cup of tea as a collector, but I am sure great as a shooter. I suspect it came from CMP too.