Vietnam Parachute Camo Bush Hat

graffspee

I found this Nam Advisors Bush hat for $9 and figured I could not go wrong with it....Looks good and legit to my eyes.... Except for the chinstrap being separated on one side it is in excellent clean condition.

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

The hat looks old at first glance but I don't know enough about such hats to guess vet authenticity. A patch like that though reminds me of a tribute piece. Such a patch reminds me of a motorcycle I saw with "Cafe Racer" and checkered flags painted on it. Not generally what you would find on a period cafe racer.

5 hours ago, dmar836 said:

The hat looks old at first glance but I don't know enough about such hats to guess vet authenticity. A patch like that though reminds me of a tribute piece. Such a patch reminds me of a motorcycle I saw with "Cafe Racer" and checkered flags painted on it. Not generally what you would find on a period cafe racer.

It is an old hat . That I am sure....It came from an estate sale from a Veteran who died. These hats were in country made and were not really tribute hats. I have only really seen them worn by MACV Advisors and SF guys . They were also really popular among F-105 pilots in Thailand . You will see pics of them wearing the same style with a Thailand tab like the Viet-Nam one on this hat with a tab for the airbase they operated out of such as Ubon or Korat. You can see them being worn in this pic of F-105 pilots in 1965.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 17-29-43 Threw It On The Ground.png

Just now, vintageproductions said:

The boonie hats with just the Vietnam tabs are considered souvenir / party hats.

They were not issued.

I never said they were issued. They were all private purchase .

On 9/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, graffspee said:

I found this Nam Advisors Bush hat for $9 and figured I could not go wrong with it....Looks good and legit to my eyes.... Except for the chinstrap being separated on one side it is in excellent clean condition.

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Nice Vietnam souvineer bush hat! You didnt go wrong!

I am glad you didnt post the photos with a caption like "I saw this hat for 9$ .....should i go back and see if its still there?" Let me know if you want triple your money😁

Good find and happy hunting

The hat is right as rain.

You will find some with patches and some without.  The patches were often up to the selection of the buyer.  Others just had a generic Vietnam patch already applied.  

Good buy for $9. 

15 hours ago, Dave T said:

Nice Vietnam souvineer bush hat! You didnt go wrong!

I am glad you didnt post the photos with a caption like "I saw this hat for 9$ .....should i go back and see if its still there?" Let me know if you want triple your money😁

Good find and happy hunting

When I saw it there was no question of me snagging it...Even the repros go for $100. In my years of collecting I learned that when you find something that looks good and its cheap get it. 9 times out of 10 you will not go wrong...