First Pictures from the Campbell collection auction!

pconrad02

Here are the first pictures from Butterfields upcoming auction:

post-182-1234292119.jpg

Not one but TWO of the known 1913 Military Aviator Wings !!!!!!

post-182-1234292137.jpg

FightenIrish35

Looks like some nice early american hat plates!!What other items are in this auction !!?!?!

IMPERIAL QUEST

As nice as I am sure all of the items are, unfortunately their association with Mr. Campbell alone will probably cost a small fortune...then you of course have to tack on the price of the wing. So, I guess I will just have to dream... :)

I can only imagine the amazing items that will be in that auction. Oh if I only had the money. It will be fun to watch the process though and I can't wait to see more pictures. I just wish I could own one thing knowing that it came from Duncan's collection.

I would think the collection will have wings, early belt plates, early cap plates and more as I know he had these attributed to him in books I have read. I would love to get at least a lot or two from the collection for myself but if I do not life goes on.

John

I would think the collection will have wings, early belt plates, early cap plates and more as I know he had these attributed to him in books I have read. I would love to get at least a lot or two from the collection for myself but if I do not life goes on.

John

Fakes...all fakes. Nothing to see here, move along....move along! Dont bother to bid....move along!

I believe that our esteemed J Duncan Campbell was an expert on many things. I had the pleasure of talking with him a couple of times, and I have to say he was a real scholar and gentleman. We wing collectors lost a national treasure when he passed.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
VolunteerArmoury

Did Butterfields publish an auction catalog for this particular auction? I'd imagine it would a be reference material in itself at least for the photos.