Highest Heat lot number Schlueter

cerick1450

Hello

Just curious.  What is the highest (latest war)  Heat lot number Schluter observed.  I just picked up a late war Schluter with a heat lot number of #558.

Thank you

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2021 at 4:36 AM, cerick1450 said:

Hello

Just curious.  What is the highest (latest war)  Heat lot number Schluter observed.  I just picked up a late war Schluter with a heat lot number of #558.

Thank you

Never seen one higher either. But do post pictures of yours, loops, seam, stamp, overall etc…

On 5/28/2023 at 7:21 AM, cagedfalcon said:

My 05A Schleuter. Traces of removed fix bail showing. Front seam.

20230527_232426.jpg

20230527_232635.jpg

20230527_232902.jpg

20230527_233013.jpg

20230527_232801.jpg

Nice one! Schlueter lots under 30 do not come around often. Only every seen 19 Schlueter shells under lot 30, yours being number 20 and the second lot 05A.

As you say, it was original a fixed loop shell. Having low carbon steel loops on the attached hinged loops, and the hinged attached up to the rim, it would have been repaired somewhere between late 44 and 46. Looking a bit sloppy (not full control over time and heat (current) during the spot weld), I would say good chance it’s a 2-3echolone war repair.

cagedfalcon
6 hours ago, twthmoses said:

Nice one! Schlueter lots under 30 do not come around often. Only every seen 19 Schlueter shells under lot 30, yours being number 20 and the second lot 05A.

As you say, it was original a fixed loop shell. Having low carbon steel loops on the attached hinged loops, and the hinged attached up to the rim, it would have been repaired somewhere between late 44 and 46. Looking a bit sloppy (not full control over time and heat (current) during the spot weld), I would say good chance it’s a 2-3echolone war repair.

Thank you for the background on the bails.