Jump to content

Original Willis and Geiger M445b in perfect shape


bazelot
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just received the M445b that i won a few weeks ago. It is in excellent shape, the best M445b i have had. Next to impossible to upgrade. No weak spots anywhere and no cracking of the shearling as is usually seen on those jackets. This one is 100% wearable. Tag says 38 but sizes more like a 42.
All the original tags are still in the pockets.

20210922_155556.jpg.06ae804999ba8ca0d1f05f74847c22a9.jpg20210922_155614.jpg.f4c7fef4a13ccaaccab22f8eb4d34870.jpg20210922_155629.jpg.0374e9f0396a9d5e364c29b767344340.jpg20210922_155637.jpg.a140ed546a2814db66078eb863a2eb14.jpg20210922_155710.jpg.31c1aea2bcf59c0b6dc1a15542e26619.jpg20210922_155730.jpg.161200736956cb5d453c2f76df23d69b.jpg20210922_155753.jpg.44998880af9b697e33ffcfee78d9ca6a.jpg20210922_155913.jpg.3e66dbd282cbf1292b4ec8bdd86080e7.jpg20210922_155455.jpg.5ec9d666804abf1cd63dfe8e716e6396.jpg20210922_160353.jpg.2fdcee63fe46c3c07b0e41744bb10e19.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool!

So this is an original WWII/1943 prodution Willis & Geiger. In my hometown (Charlotte NC) there was a Willis & Geiger shop near where i lived ca. 1980s. I would ocasionally pass by and check out the window display. At the time it looked like a display for a WWII Army Air Corp/ Army Air Forces museum. I was always curious about WWII vintage Willis & Geiger jackets.

I turned a friend on to the shop at the time and he ended up getting a few of the leather squadron patches they were making at the time.

Very cool jacket, thanks for posting it!👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Very cool!

So this is an original WWII/1943 prodution Willis & Geiger. In my hometown (Charlotte NC) there was a Willis & Geiger shop near where i lived ca. 1980s. I would ocasionally pass by and check out the window display. At the time it looked like a display for a WWII Army Air Corp/ Army Air Forces museum. I was always curious about WWII vintage Willis & Geiger jackets.

I turned a friend on to the shop at the time and he ended up getting a few of the leather squadron patches they were making at the time.

Very cool jacket, thanks for posting it!👍

Yes it is a 1943 production jacket. W&G made reproductions in the 80s but you can very easily tell them apart from the originals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, phantomfixer said:

that is a beauty...didn't you have another is similar NOS condition a few years ago?  nice colection...

yes it is a m445a in brand new condition

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bazelot said:

I just received the M445b that i won a few weeks ago. It is in excellent shape, the best M445b i have had. Next to impossible to upgrade. No weak spots anywhere and no cracking of the shearling as is usually seen on those jackets. This one is 100% wearable. Tag says 38 but sizes more like a 42.
All the original tags are still in the pockets.

20210922_155556.jpg.06ae804999ba8ca0d1f05f74847c22a9.jpg20210922_155614.jpg.f4c7fef4a13ccaaccab22f8eb4d34870.jpg20210922_155629.jpg.0374e9f0396a9d5e364c29b767344340.jpg20210922_155637.jpg.a140ed546a2814db66078eb863a2eb14.jpg20210922_155710.jpg.31c1aea2bcf59c0b6dc1a15542e26619.jpg20210922_155730.jpg.161200736956cb5d453c2f76df23d69b.jpg20210922_155753.jpg.44998880af9b697e33ffcfee78d9ca6a.jpg20210922_155913.jpg.3e66dbd282cbf1292b4ec8bdd86080e7.jpg20210922_155455.jpg.5ec9d666804abf1cd63dfe8e716e6396.jpg20210922_160353.jpg.2fdcee63fe46c3c07b0e41744bb10e19.jpg

 

W@WZA! That is one darned nice flight jacket ... and in a good size!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lovnik said:

 

W@WZA! That is one darned nice flight jacket ... and in a good size!

 

Thanks, it is not every day you see one of those in such good shape

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a Beauty!!

Somebody took great care of that for the past 78 years.

It's nice to know its in Good Hands for the next 78!!!!!

 

Semper Fi

Phil 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AZPhil said:

That's a Beauty!!

Somebody took great care of that for the past 78 years.

It's nice to know its in Good Hands for the next 78!!!!!

 

Semper Fi

Phil 

lol, i will do my best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...