FS/FB with OD7 M1-C chinstraps?

elh1311

Seems odd this helmet. At $2,000 I wouldn't pull the trigger on it regardless. The pictures make it difficult (at least for me) to determine with any certainty that the chinstraps are either OD3 or OD7. The fact that the snaps are brass seems to indicate that they're OD7. That being said, I didn't think it was too common to see fixed bales with M1-C straps and if you look at close up pics, they seem "fuzzy" while the stitching near the male snap is different as well. Benefit of the doubt and say they were unit applied? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WWII-M-1C-Airborne-Helmet-early-Fixed-bail-/115003883356?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Bad reproduction chinstraps with modern stitching.

The liner is a euro clone with a 1980s sweatband. 

The tape residue is from state side training. Usually a name or number is written on the tape. Which was most likely done post Vietnam era. 

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Bad reproduction chinstraps with modern stitching.

The liner is a euro clone with a 1980s sweatband. 

The tape residue is from state side training. Usually a name or number is written on the tape. Which was most likely done post Vietnam era. 

The chinstraps are certainly not anything close to original. 

Genuine question: why do you say that the liner is euroclone? I initially thought it was just a badly rewebbed original. 

If you look real close just behind the cradle tie string toward the back of the liner you can just make out the Belgian ABL liner mark

Liner is a 1950s Belgian M1 clone

24 minutes ago, Pepper said:

If you look real close just behind the cradle tie string toward the back of the liner you can just make out the Belgian ABL liner mark

Liner is a 1950s Belgian M1 clone

Well I'll be dammed. Good eyes on both you for sure. 

This seller is selling a bunch of marked up helmets with only the buy now option on eBay. Hopefully no one learns an expensive lesson. 

I couldn't help but get a chuckle from this particular sellers other listings as well. I wouldn't come close to touching any of his stuff at all