Named Great Guns Medal for book feature.

MMcollector

I am working on a Naval Marksman book that will cover the early Sharpshooter/Expert badges, M.V.M. naval marksman badges, & Navy Expert medals. The book will cover the history, variations, and the sailors/marines who earned sharpshooter badges/medals throughout the early to mid 20th century. 

If the caretaker of this Great Guns Medal issued to Robert H. Wescott Jr. in 1934 would like to have it featured in the book please contact me. I have 2 named examples in the book already and would love to add a 3rd. 

furthermore if anyone else reading this thread that has a engraved Great Guns Medal that you’d like featured, please email me and or Reply to the post. Thanks. 

Clinton Foster

[email protected] 

8FFFD60A-0ABF-4E4D-B2FC-0CB76631276C.jpeg

1 hour ago, 45govt said:

Hello Clinton

I suppose this is too early for you, an 1880's copy of Laidley embossed with US Naval Ordnance

Laidleys.jpg

I very much appreciate your willingness to contribute to the project. It’s just 24 years to early for the main focus of the book. Your Naval Ordnance book looks like it’s in fantastic condition, I’ll have to get a copy myself.  Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Also looking for interesting 1930’s-1940’s engraved Expert Rifleman and Pistolshot medals, if you’d like to get a medal featured in the book w/ your name next to it, send me a message. This book is gaining lots of traction and I appreciate the support from many of you here already, thank you.  

-Clinton

• 1 month later...