M9B Norden Bombsight

TorpedoSquadron11

TorpedoSquadron11

A good friend gave this to me yesterday. Anyone have a source for a replacement rubber eyepiece/ cup?

I would like to get an NOS Data Book or at reproduction if anyone is making them.

Thanks!

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

Brian Keith

Very Nice! Navy contract. Assembled in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Thanks for posting it.

BKW

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, very nice M9B Norden!  Don't think I ever saw one that was NOS before.  That is, it sure looks NOS.  Attached is a photo of the complete Norden setup I had back in 2005.  Sold it a couple of years later on Ebay to the group that was restoring the B-29 "Doc" in Wichita.  Far as I know, it now resides in the nose of that beautifully restored bomber.

DSCN0269.JPG

Very cool thread. I can look later and see if I have a picture of Doc’s nose. I’ve seen it a couple times at Airventure. Might be able to see that sight. Unfortunately neither Doc or FiFi allow people down to the nose in cockpit tours. If you found a Norden in person what would you pay for it though. I’ll add this one to the stories that I can hardly believe. 

Nice, here's mine with the stabilizer. They actually work, or at least the gyro spins when powered up. I have an extra stabilizer that doesn't power up, hopefully one of these days I'll get around to taking it apart.

I have a log book for one of my Norden's. I could maybe make a copy of it, but don't know how to make it aged or use the right paper for it.

IMG_20200606_121042.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 12.45.09 PM.png