M9B Norden Bombsight

TorpedoSquadron11

TorpedoSquadron11

A good friend gave this to me yesterday. Anyone have a source for a replacement rubber eyepiece/ cup?

I would like to get an NOS Data Book or at reproduction if anyone is making them.

Thanks!

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, very nice M9B Norden!  Don't think I ever saw one that was NOS before.  That is, it sure looks NOS.  Attached is a photo of the complete Norden setup I had back in 2005.  Sold it a couple of years later on Ebay to the group that was restoring the B-29 "Doc" in Wichita.  Far as I know, it now resides in the nose of that beautifully restored bomber.

DSCN0269.JPG

Very cool thread. I can look later and see if I have a picture of Doc’s nose. I’ve seen it a couple times at Airventure. Might be able to see that sight. Unfortunately neither Doc or FiFi allow people down to the nose in cockpit tours. If you found a Norden in person what would you pay for it though. I’ll add this one to the stories that I can hardly believe. 

Nice, here's mine with the stabilizer. They actually work, or at least the gyro spins when powered up. I have an extra stabilizer that doesn't power up, hopefully one of these days I'll get around to taking it apart.

I have a log book for one of my Norden's. I could maybe make a copy of it, but don't know how to make it aged or use the right paper for it.

IMG_20200606_121042.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 12.45.09 PM.png

• 2 months later...

Very nice.  You have a good friend there!  Did you get the cardboard box the wooden crate went in?  Hope so.  If not, you can make one out of raw cardboard.  It provides great protection for the wooden crate.  Nice that the data booklet holder is there and ready for the booklet when you find one.