A ruddy Bucket 28th Infantry Division coat

I Hate Moths

Here is a coat that i have had for a long time. It is WWI era, but i can't read the date tag. The ruddy Bucket 28th Infantry Division patch is rough , but clearly visible. I believe that the red stripe is an honorable discharge patch.

Your thoughts and opinions welcome.

Tom

20210919_205514.jpg.dfbc8155b80175889e61c225f6d3e3fd.jpg

20210919_205549.jpg.396697d309d70a8acea7807bcc87d6de.jpg

20210919_210146.jpg.5149f2d581d0443b3af7492f26c9eeba.jpg

20210919_205227.jpg.5641c1aaf9a2f269c8174152e0591ac1.jpg

18 hours ago, I Hate Moths said:

This post was a test to see if i would be censored.

It is very troubling.

Tom

For the historical record Tom, the 28th Division only received this nickname in WWII, it was the Germans who called them that, I believe after Normandy and the early Siegfried Line battles in September 1944, they called them Der Blutige Eimer. We guess troops from the division heard this in due course,, and used it themselves, with knowledge of it spreading around in the ETO, but it was as far as we can see not adopted as the official divisional nickname, that would be The Keystone Division like it was since 1918, back then it was also called The Iron Infantry, General Pershing gave them the nickname, in WWII one motto and song for them was 28th ROLL ON.

Does it have any moth nips? 😆  (Hmm the forum used to auto change that to Japanese). 

Its not named I take it, right? (That one was a serious question.)

49 minutes ago, albatrosdva said:

at least it doesn't switch out other languages :-)

Hey that's good to know! Thanks for the tip.  Let's try bloodied.   That worked!  One more-Bloodee.  Last one- bloodyyyy.  Ok, spell check says only 1 y, so at least that is still ok.....for now!

• 4 months later...
Croix de Guerre

I find it very depressing that modern 21st century snow-flake censorship is preventing free speech on a forum that seeks to memorialize men that fought and died to preserve free speech.  The irony is staggering. 

Well I think its our country that's been eating paint chips off the window ceil, Now were getting them feed to us on a daily basis. Don't eat the garbage. Keep the Constitution as it was written and don't interpret it the way it fits your agenda.  Were living in bad times. But were still in the greatest nation on earth. 

Still proud to be an American, And I speak out more than I used too. 

36 minutes ago, Croix de Guerre said:

I find it very depressing that modern 21st century snow-flake censorship is preventing free speech on a forum that seeks to memorialize men that fought and died to preserve free speech.  The irony is staggering. 

I'm very glad we now have a like button. Well said.

W