I don't see many plane models.

Alamo

I still have several I built as a kid. Nothing of the class of work  posted here. Many survived ok over the years.

I built mostly Monogram kits as thats what was most common where my dad took me. Built straight from the box and painted. There was a old guy with a pretty good hobby shop but he and the other closed. The one here in town didnt have much. We have a small dime store yet. The guy has a good selection as he huilds a little but prices are to the point I dont see me getting back into building. I have a few in boxes yet I never got to. 

I liked the Tamiya kits as well back then. Did a couple pieces of Armor and some figures. Mostly german.  The Kmart in the area had a good selection as well as Target.

Thanks for all the replies......I'll take  a few photos also when i get the time.Looking forward to seeing any you might have someday...Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

A few plane models I've found over the last 5 years or so, most are solid wood scratch built from the war years....... including the Mosquito......... have lots more if anyone is interested to see them

IMG_6880 (1).JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

• 5 months later...

Whenever I see an old wooden model aircraft I buy it. Most times I'll maybe find half a dozen a year. Last weekend I went along to a local toy fair and walking down the lines of tables I just happened to be in the right place at exactly the right time. Guy started pulling tray after tray of old wooden models out of the back of his car. About 20 are complete, rest have missing props or other very minor damage. There was even a plastic bag of broken off bits and pieces to go with them.

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

IMG_3625.JPG

• 7 months later...

Many years ago a guy called Peter Farrar had a huge collection of aircraft models running into at least a couple of thousand examples. He used to tour the UK airshows run on RAF bases and the RAF provided road and air transport to get the collection to where it was needed. In the early days many of the models were solid wood ex aircraft recognition models painted to represent known examples from various Squadrons. Later as they became available he used plastic kit models but always painted up to represent a specific unit. His models are easily recognisable by the quality of the work and the home made storage/shipping boxes that he used . Here are a few examples that I found over the last 3 months.

The collection was broken up many years ago after Peter passed away in 1995 ?

PETER FARRAR BLOHN VOSS.JPG

PETER FARRAR BLOHN VOSS MODEL.JPG

PETER FARRAR TORNADO.JPG

PETER FARRAR TORNADO MODEL.JPG

PERER FARRAR DO17.JPG

PETER FARRAR F15.JPG

PETER FARRAR FURY.JPG

PETER FARRAR GLADIATOR.JPG

PETER FARRAR MISTSUBISHI.JPG

PETER FARRAR STIRLING.JPG

14 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Some very nice models, well packed and labeled, thanks for sharing! Would love to discuss some of the non-U.S. models at our sister forum, the World Militaria Forum.

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com

Would be great if you could post the non-U.S. planes over there again.

I've never been able to get my log in to transfer across to the site and the recover password email doesn't send me the email either so I gave up trying long time ago.

10 hours ago, Escht said:

I've never been able to get my log in to transfer across to the site and the recover password email doesn't send me the email either so I gave up trying long time ago.

Off topic: Escht, I recommend to contact Admin Stratasfan, she´ll fix it.