Machinegun Tripod identification (multiple!)?

CDGman

Hi, I'm back again in need of this forums expertise!

I have a number of tripods and tripod (I think) components in collections and need help in identifying them.

Thanks all! If you need more photos to help ID something lmk which!

DSC00723[1].JPG

DSC00724[1].JPG

DSC00725[1].JPG

DSC00726[1].JPG

DSC00727[1].JPG

DSC00728[1].JPG

DSC00729[1].JPG

DSC00730[1].JPG

DSC00731[1].JPG

DSC00732[1].JPG

DSC00733[1].JPG

DSC00734[1].JPG

DSC00736[1].JPG

DSC00737[1].JPG

DSC00738[1].JPG

First item is a post war German belt loader, second is a USGI 1919a4 tripod, (look at the head for nomenclature or rebuild marks). There's at least two German lafette tripods, possibly wartime with post war paint jobs. The tan one is for a mg42, not sure about the green one, as I can't see the gun attachment points. Here's WW2 mg34 tripod, (42 tripod is very similar, but with different attachment points)

IMG_4108.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 2:40 PM, CDGman said:

You guys are amazing!

Here are a couple more photos of two tripods that might help?

DSC00776.JPG

DSC00773.JPG

DSC00775.JPG

Portugese tripod for the Portugese version of the zb26 (I don't recall the nomenclature). Numrich sells these.

Lafette 34 (nicely repainted)

MG3 tripod.  Can't tell if it's DISA or HK made from the pic.   Missing the battery box for the optics.

Other pics, post war MG3 AA tripod, one modified for MG34.  MKI Bren tripod missing the clips and AA legs.  Lafette 42 replaced pads, repainted.  Navy pedestal, could be new made.  1917a1 tripod with repainted tripod.

Have all of the above except one of the upper ones ....the tan one.  I'd have to do some digging to figure that one out.  Are they for sale or for discussion?

On 9/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

Portugese tripod for the Portugese version of the zb26 (I don't recall the nomenclature). Numrich sells these.

Lafette 34 (nicely repainted)

MG3 tripod.  Can't tell if it's DISA or HK made from the pic.   Missing the battery box for the optics.

Other pics, post war MG3 AA tripod, one modified for MG34.  MKI Bren tripod missing the clips and AA legs.  Lafette 42 replaced pads, repainted.  Navy pedestal, could be new made.  1917a1 tripod with repainted tripod.

Have all of the above except one of the upper ones ....the tan one.  I'd have to do some digging to figure that one out.  Are they for sale or for discussion?

Thanks for the info!

Is the navy pedestal the black tripod?

At this time, only for catalog purposes (I am a collections manager). Potential sale would be in the future once cataloging is complete and the owner decides what he wants to deaccession.

Yes the black one.  Typically bolted to a ships deck, then various guns and their individual cradles are dropped into the socket on the top.  Several different guns fit and they are in current use.

The tan tripod is foreign, but I still don't know which gun for sure mounts on it, but I do have some ideas and probably have a gun here that will fit!

Feel free to contact me in the event of a sale.  HTH