Random Small Arms in the Army Museum System

swag

Wow!  That is a breathtaking collection, and I am sure that it only scratches the surface of what the Army has in its museum system.  I would love to take a stroll through that place. 

Thanks for the post.

Charlie

8 hours ago, jmd62 said:

Wow is right, nice!! I'd be like a kid in a candy store in that storage area, especially with those Garands. 

Well if it's Granads you like, get ready for your jaw to hit the floor...

IMG_2210.JPG

On 9/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, swag said:

And a few more...

20200728_151233.jpg

Very Cool! What are the two firearms below the Thompson? They look like experimental versions of the platform. 

39 minutes ago, EmperorWangDong said:

I need in there, now!

What is that contraption with a carousel of what appears to be M1911 magazines?

That is a WW1 experimental submachine gun. The turret like device held ten 7 round .45 pistol magazines. This was 21 inches long and weighed about 8.5 pounds. It was never adopted by the US Army.. It was manufactured in Falls, Ohio. It was developed by William Andrew.

Leigh 

EmperorWangDong
26 minutes ago, Rakkasan187 said:

That is a WW1 experimental submachine gun. The turret like device held ten 7 round .45 pistol magazines. This was 21 inches long and weighed about 8.5 pounds. It was never adopted by the US Army.. It was manufactured in Falls, Ohio. It was developed by William Andrew.

Leigh 

Thank you Leigh, I will have to look up info on it - I had never seen one in my life. I can see why it wasn't adopted, but hey, every invention has to start somewhere!

18 hours ago, McDermut99 said:

Very Cool! What are the two firearms below the Thompson? They look like experimental versions of the platform. 

Top is George Hydes model 35

Bottom is George Hydes M2  which was adopted but never got into wide service due to Marlins production models not being reliable, so the M3 was adopted instead

18 hours ago, McDermut99 said:

You are correct, they are prototypes in the development of the Thompson.

• 3 weeks later...