NOBUCKL Thompson sling with 1942 date help please

ArchangelDM

As this is not my area of expertise although I’ve seen and studied a few I wanted to check with the gun experts on this sling. 

Does it all look legit, it’s also stamped 1942 with the HINSON mfg co, guessing they made the webbing 

TIA 

- Dean

9F126C32-4271-493F-93EB-6D3A001293DE.jpeg

6D1AEB8D-C321-4E5F-90AE-A2B21449F5DC.jpeg

1B02CEAB-BA45-4F0A-B9AA-8D0198BC6753.jpeg

E1E4065D-D984-4D2C-8A1B-01B4EB07E7AD.jpeg

Just now, robinb said:

That's an odd one. While it looks OK, I've never seen one like it. 

Well that’s good ! Interested too see if anyone has 

Thanks Robinb 

I'm looking at one of mine right now (I've owned several, one is on a M1917 rifle and one is loose) and it looks spot on.  However, I've never seen one marked on the webbing.

14 minutes ago, thorin6 said:

I'm looking at one of mine right now (I've owned several, one is on a M1917 rifle and one is loose) and it looks spot on.  However, I've never seen one marked on the webbing.

Thanks Throrin6

i like the fact it’s date stamped on the sling, guessing they reused the WW1 buckle and updated at Hinson with the webbing in 1942. A friend said it was rare to see a date stamped one but he had seen another. 
I bought this for my Thompson SMG - would this be correct 

yours

Dean 

My understanding is that Kerr slings came in three sizes, with the shortest one for the Thompson.  The one here looks like a rifle length one which would be too long for the Thompson, but I'd let others chime in on this.

One observation of mine is the placement of the HINSON stamp. Notice how close the O in CO is to the metal part. I think a faker would have placed the stamp a little more to the left of the metal in order to get a good imprint. 

Here it is on the Thompson 

man it stinks of old, while I love that smell my wife hates it. 
One thing I do know is that this means it has age 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 9/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, robinb said:

One observation of mine is the placement of the HINSON stamp. Notice how close the O in CO is to the metal part. I think a faker would have placed the stamp a little more to the left of the metal in order to get a good imprint. 

I couldn’t agree more ,

all the fakes are all placed so obviously and clearly, this looks like their factory stamp on the webbing, put on at speed as thousands of them went through the Daly process of being stamped on the assembly line.