Frankenstein WW2 M1 helmet liner ECV

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

So I was talking with a dealer at the Sacramento Antique Street Fair yesterday morning and he pulls out this little 8 Ball. An Animal House styled FRANKENSTEIN'd M1 helmet liner for the ECV. 

From Wiki: The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus (ECV) is a fraternal organization dedicated to the preservation of the heritage of the American West, especially the history of the Mother Lode and gold mining regions of the area. There are chapters in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana and Outposts in other western states. Members call themselves "Clampers." The organization's name is in Dog Latin, and has no known meaning; even the spelling is disputed, sometimes appearing as "Clampus," "Clampsus," or "Clampsis." The motto of the Order, Credo Quia Absurdum, is generally interpreted as meaning "I believe it because it is absurd;"[1] the proper Latin quotation Credo quia absurdum est, is from the Christian apologist Tertullian (c. 160–220), who rejected rationalism and accepted a Gospel which addressed itself to the "non-rational levels of perception."

I've had other ECV items in my hands and It was just too cool to pass up.  The edge brim has been trimmed, and there is literally an * Ball screwed into the crown. Unfortunately, the screw is right on the makers mark inside. I'll look more to see if I can determine a maker. Enjoy!   

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

• 9 months later...