Question on M1 Liner I saw today

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

M-1s are no longer frequently seen at local Flea Mkt, but today I saw a liner.  I don't have a smart phone so no photo.  It was very thin, flimsy material. I could see where the material over-lapped like some people peel an orange in 5 or 6 pieces top to bottom.  They were bigger and almost tear shape but not like the dark and light brown sections usually seen.  Even tho material was flimsey there were no cracks.  The A clips were unpainted.  There was no chin strap. Web liner was like VN era (no shoe string securing sections).   The mold mark was faint but shaped like none I've seen, Looked kinda-like ALMA in block letters over 3 or 4 lines shaped like a rectangle.  Vendor wanted $12.00 but I passed as postage to a member would be as much again.   Would like any insight you have from my poor description.  Richard 

Hard to say without a visual, but to me it sounds like a clone of some sort.  Perhaps Israeli, IIRC they made a version with VN style webbing but I don’t know if those would have a more flimsy shell as I haven’t handled one personally.