Garcia Knife, etc. at 911 Swapmeet

pwcosol

This weekend being the 20th Anniversary of 911, wasn't sure how the swapper would be, but it turned out to be another good one. First find was a as-new USGI 90-degree green flashlight with all the filters, for $4.00. As I roamed about, more vendors trickled in. I spotted a couple of older guys unloading a trailer full of dusty, cob-web encrusted cardboard boxes, tubs, etc...just what I was looking for. I poked thru some of their stuff, broke away for ten minutes or so, and then hung around until the trailer was empty. There were camping items, tools in varying degrees of condition and usefulness, etc.  But then out came a bucket with a couple knives in it, and I snagged the one pictured. Saw the "Garcia" logo on the knife's blade and was familiar with it since the 1960s when my family went fishing near the shore in S. California. Asked one of the vendors how much it was, and "Two Dollars" was his reply.  Ended up buying it, a nice padded rifle case with 30 rds. of .223 in a sidecase for $5. and lastly a nice Mitutoyo calibrated inside-diameter cylinder gauge ($15.). So, all in all it was a very nice day indeed. Searched the Edged Weapons sub forum and found out about the interest in this knife, so glad nice to see it has been discussed several times in the past.

GARCIA Knife and compass tool.JPG

GARCIA Knife and Flashlight 1.JPG

GARCIA Knife Scabbard reverse.JPG

Quite a deal!

I have two, one with a like sheath, but the stitching on the stone pocket rotted.

One has the original matches inside, though the wax that was on them to keep them waterproof melted at some point, and stick them to the side.