WW1 Railhead Regulating Station patch

Fratlanta

From what I read here and there, it seems like you can determine locations by the color of the middle R on a Railhead Regulating Station patch.

I actually got a patch with a golden/yellow lozenge with what seems to be a white (maybe yellowish) capital R and was wondering what location that would indicate.

Based on some preliminary research it could be "Montierchaume" or maybe "Issoudun", two small towns in France. Could someone confirm?

thanks for your help.

if u were an ASMIC member, you would know your info is only partially correct. There have been several articles describing and depicting know Railhead/Regulating stations. It is both the letter color and border color that give you unit info. Neither of your little villes is listed in any of the articles.

By your description, you may have a damaged patch. 

Please provide pic. 

Here you go. 

the outside diamond look golden but might have been red at one point .

it also worth noting that the jacket was tailored in Chateauroux, a city only few miles away from Montierchaume

9E736887-6DE4-4743-A70C-8A854D757AF5.jpeg.4dcbef07d2b6027ebc7c6acf7cb727b3.jpegD6B3F4E4-BD2E-4A39-942E-DBBF02506EA7.jpeg.bbd3cd0503b439685cebd0de66120882.jpeg

Thanks

7 hours ago, tredhed2 said:

All the articles to this color combination refer to Lifffel-Le-Grand.

Thanks. May i ask how you found that information? Is there-a reference book or something about railhead/regulation stations?