Possibly an experimental MOLLE Hydration System?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I picked up a few storage containers from a gentleman awhile back that were full of US Army surplus that came from APG. I took out what I wanted and the containers then sat in a corner in my basement for quite sometime. I was going through them last night and I thought that this was a cheap hydration system possibly for a child. This item is so noticeably cheaply made and I almost tossed it in the garbage. For some reason I decided to look it over one more time and I now believe that it is possibly a experimental  MOLLE hydration system. It doesn't say experimental on the item but I have another item that does and that item also has the DAAK60 line. It also says Made in the USA and the fact that it is so cheaply made tells me that it could not have been an issued item. It also has a DRMO number on it so it was obviously disposed of by the US Army at some point and my bet is that it didn't take them very long. So what do you think is it experiment or just an early one?

IMG_2324.JPG.a3afc7e633d9ff6dcc569845be82aa0f.JPGIMG_2321.JPG.a8c96b574fe306f5f9442e1a8fa52f6d.JPGIMG_2323.JPG.73ef750d507bf1f9deca704904851320.JPGIMG_2320.JPG.c1a772c70249563fd0f18e2a74d9a4ae.JPG

Radio Operator

I don't think this is experimental, as I have ran into these a few times recently while looking for a camelbak in DCU. I'm guessing they were an early model as its labeled Molle instead of Molle II. Here's a listing that has a bunch of them so I do not think they are that rare. 

Manchu Warrior
9 minutes ago, Radio Operator said:

I don't think this is experimental, as I have ran into these a few times recently while looking for a camelbak in DCU. I'm guessing they were an early model as its labeled Molle instead of Molle II. Here's a listing that has a bunch of them so I do not think they are that rare. 

It is so cheap and therefore I'm honestly surprised that it was in fact an issued item. Oh well I guess I can go ahead and toss it in trash and I appreciate the information.   Thanks!

On 9/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, Manchu Warrior said:

I picked up a few storage containers from a gentleman awhile back that were full of US Army surplus that came from APG. I took out what I wanted and the containers then sat in a corner in my basement for quite sometime. I was going through them last night and I thought that this was a cheap hydration system possibly for a child. This item is so noticeably cheaply made and I almost tossed it in the garbage. For some reason I decided to look it over one more time and I now believe that it is possibly a experimental  MOLLE hydration system. It doesn't say experimental on the item but I have another item that does and that item also has the DAAK60 line. It also says Made in the USA and the fact that it is so cheaply made tells me that it could not have been an issued item. It also has a DRMO number on it so it was obviously disposed of by the US Army at some point and my bet is that it didn't take them very long. So what do you think is it experiment or just an early one?

IMG_2324.JPG.a3afc7e633d9ff6dcc569845be82aa0f.JPGIMG_2321.JPG.a8c96b574fe306f5f9442e1a8fa52f6d.JPGIMG_2323.JPG.73ef750d507bf1f9deca704904851320.JPGIMG_2320.JPG.c1a772c70249563fd0f18e2a74d9a4ae.JPG

Its genuine issue, had one given to me in 2004 before we went to Iraq. I wound up using it in a SpecOpsbrand  DCU HUMP pouch

AG_BMD06_L_1.jpg