Remember the Alamo

strawberry 9

It wouldn't be too hard to turn a frock coat into a long buckskin coat.  The shorter shell jackets could have skirts added to be a tailcoat, ect

Ugh now you got me hooked I just bought some conte Mexican And  paragon ones and defenders on eBay ! And hit hobby lobby for paints ! 

I notice a lot of the ebay lots  of  alamo 1/32 figures have bent rifles etc, i saw a youtube video that they can be out in warm water and they will go back to normal ? have you tried this ?

I just ordered a few paragon and picked up a few conte ones on ebay ! cant wait to try my hand !

Not sure of your budget, but my friend Frank owns Battleguard Ready Toy Soldiers and has many Alamo/Texas War figures in unpainted metal, all 54mm. He is currently working on a small Alamo scene for our museum as there was a defender from Michigan. Here is the website, always best to contact him or Ellen as there are literally thousands of molds available. Looks like a great project!   Scott.          https://battleguardready.com/

strawberry 9

BMC does have a pretty big selection, but  I'm not a fan.  They just don't have good detail and the proportions seem off to me.   I'm trying to stay away from the deerskin cap all together.  I came across these War of 1812 figures that I think would work well.  Between these and the Texan/New Orleans Gray figures available from Conte I think I have enough defenders.  Unless I decide to go bigger. 😆

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I started modifying extra figures for casualties as well.  The nice thing about soft plastic is that you can either heat it with a flame or soak the figures in boiling water and then manipulate the poses.  I was able to do several today and will do more if needed.