Remember the Alamo

strawberry 9

I notice a lot of the ebay lots  of  alamo 1/32 figures have bent rifles etc, i saw a youtube video that they can be out in warm water and they will go back to normal ? have you tried this ?

I just ordered a few paragon and picked up a few conte ones on ebay ! cant wait to try my hand !

Not sure of your budget, but my friend Frank owns Battleguard Ready Toy Soldiers and has many Alamo/Texas War figures in unpainted metal, all 54mm. He is currently working on a small Alamo scene for our museum as there was a defender from Michigan. Here is the website, always best to contact him or Ellen as there are literally thousands of molds available. Looks like a great project!   Scott.          https://battleguardready.com/

BMC does have a pretty big selection, but  I'm not a fan.  They just don't have good detail and the proportions seem off to me.   I'm trying to stay away from the deerskin cap all together.  I came across these War of 1812 figures that I think would work well.  Between these and the Texan/New Orleans Gray figures available from Conte I think I have enough defenders.  Unless I decide to go bigger. 😆

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I started modifying extra figures for casualties as well.  The nice thing about soft plastic is that you can either heat it with a flame or soak the figures in boiling water and then manipulate the poses.  I was able to do several today and will do more if needed.  

strawberry 9
10 hours ago, scottplen said:

any updates on the alamo figures ?

I'm currently painting horses for the Lancers.  The horses themselves are painted, but now I need to do the saddles, reins, etc.  I'll take some pics when they're done.

Great job! You are doing a fantastic job painting with the detail! When we were growing up, Dad was into H-Scale model railroads, and I used to love painting the people for his dioramas! Sis and I had these large sets of toy soldiers and one was Custer's Last Stand and the other was a Revolutionary War battle . . . I painted a ton of them! It was so fun! Can't wait to see your horses!

I must admit I knew nearly nothing about the Alamo battle before this topic was started. After doing some online research I think I do now understand the importance of this battle for U.S. history. I also found some interesting background informations about the artillery on both sides. Your cannon looks very well detailed. Do you know it´s (real) caliber?

Excellent topic!

Horses look great. I'm sure the cannon will also. Proud Kraut - did you also read about the battle of San Jacinto? They're sort of bookends in US/Texas history.