M3 fighting Knife

Checkermann1

Checkermann1- No! It's a reproduction. US M3 with makers name were stamped on the opposite side of the blade. As mikedon stated the pommel is not correct either. SKIP

It's a decent Imperial blade marked M3. with a nice, early M8 scabbard. It's used, and sharpened, but was not abused. Buy it. it's legitimate.  SKIP

I found it on ebay. with shipping and taxes it will be really expensive. what is the cost of a beautiful original in the USA?

I already know a few manufacturers, Utica, Case, imperial .... is there a popular manufacturer among collectors who is rare?

Checkermann1- At this time M3s in excellent to mint condition are very pricey. They command very high prices, and I mean high. Robeson (RCC) in my opinion are the rarest, and very expensive in mint condition.  Imperial made the most M3s well over 800,000, close to half of all production, and are usually the least expensive. I suggest watch ebay for a while to get an idea of prices (which tend to be high).  All makers of WW2 M3s are as follows: Aerial, Boker, Camillus. Case, Imperial, Kinfolks, PAL, RCC, Utica. Good Luck!  SKIP

thank you for your detailed description. I can really use luck. i'm looking at ebay the whole time ... i think i'm good with the imperial.

case I've also found a few, is priced the same as the imperial. what would you prefer? case or imperial?

6 hours ago, mikedon said:

It would depend on condition and variation. Case M3's are less common. 854,000 Imperials made during WWII, 300,465 Case M3's.

Thank you for your answer. they look roughly the same in terms of condition. then I will probably lean more towards a used case

I think I found something nice. I personally like used things more ... it doesn't have to be mint. what do you think of these M3? 

Screenshot_20210908-123849_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123852_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123859_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123905_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123918_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123931_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123938_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-123945_eBay.jpg

I will think about it. Maybe I'll find something similar ... which is a little cheaper. The main thing is that it is original and used.