Marine Forest Green Uniform vs OD Wool question

Need some info for a possible project.  I need to know how long after WW1 did the Marines use the dark green uniform that they wore over to Europe.  I know that they had to exchange them for Army khakis, but did they return to them after the war ?

The forest green wool Marine service tunic/blouse with standing collar was worn until 1926, when it was changed to the falling collar with lapels and they still wear that today. When you say Army khakis, I am assuming you mean the Army wool OD uniform some Marines were issued in France in WWI during the fighting due to supply issues. The Marines had a “summer” cotton khaki cotton blouse they wore and changes align with the dates above. The open, falling collar with lapels on that uniform was also changed in 1926, and many of those uniforms were seen worn by Marines in China and elsewhere. 

Keep in mind the average "lifespan" of a wool uniform was measured in months.  I would think most Marines returned to the States wearing forest green (and proud of it, not wearing Army buttons).