Hallo from Bavaria

Checkermann1

Hallo everone,

I collect militaria from WW2, mainly german Things. I want a bit of a Chance. however, I would like to start collecting us militaria. 

Im interessted in the usmc, Pacific Theatre

Hallo! And welcome-

I visited Bavaria in 2010 and loved it there. You must find some good German items over there.  You’ll find plenty of USMC Pacific Theater information on this forum. Enjoy

Bayern ist vielleicht das beste Bundesland in Deutschland 😉 Oktoberfest, Weißwust 🤣 wo bist du gewesen?

Hmmm....gute deutsche Artikel natürlich, aber noch mehr Fakes!

Ich bin auf der Suche nach original usmc Things, Helmcover, Camouflage Jacke und vielem mehr....ich hoffe jemand kann helfen 

An internet translation.

"Bavaria is perhaps the best state in Germany 😉 Oktoberfest, Weisswust 🤣 where have you been? Hmmm .... good German articles of course, but more fakes! I'm looking for original usmc things, helmet covers, camouflage jackets and much more ... I hope someone can help"

Isn't technology great !

Welcome to the forum Checkerman.

Tom

Welcome aboard from beautiful Bavaria! I was there many years ago and absolutely loved it. I actually had a trip planned for last May, but Covid took care of that dang it.. 

I wanted to fly to America last year too, but it didn't work out because of the damned corona.

But America is such a big country, I don't know what to look at first.

a question ... here is a marketplace where you can only get in if you have made 30 posts, did I understand that correctly ????

You don't see too many Germans collecting USMC Pacific. WWI USMC, sure, but not so much WWII. But you've come to the right place. Be aware, some USMC stuff is as heavily faked as Third Reich stuff! Especially camouflage! But this place is definitely the place to be to avoid being burned on US stuff

Yes, once you've reached 30 posts of quality, you will be able to post in the marketplace. Quality posts just means actual discussion, not a bunch of "ooohs" and "ahhhhs"

I thought I was starting something new. I am looking for exactly such camouflage uniforms. I like the usmc so much because of these uniforms. I always create complete ensembles, now it's going to be a marine.

I am sure that 30 good posts are not a problem, after all I have a lot of questions and I like to know a lot.

You'll fit right in here. I'd say you picked one of the more expensive categories of the US WWII hobby...but you've been collecting Third Reich, so this will probably seem like a bargain

And yes, our camouflage is quite popular...half the world is wearing a knockoff of MARPAT these days

it is definitely cheaper than waffen SS things. i could have a "wiking" field jacket, but 7.2k € is a lot of money .... for this money a nice complete marine could probably stand there

The main thing is that I am in good hands here in this forum and that it is moving forward. what is the best way to start?

I would need a few good militaria dealers, can anyone recommend any?

16 hours ago, Checkermann1 said:

it is definitely cheaper than waffen SS things. i could have a "wiking" field jacket, but 7.2k € is a lot of money .... for this money a nice complete marine could probably stand there

The main thing is that I am in good hands here in this forum and that it is moving forward. what is the best way to start?

I would need a few good militaria dealers, can anyone recommend any?

Yes, for the price of an SS Wiking tunic, you will be able to put together a whole Marine (well, maybe not a jump-ready Paramarine, but a typical infantryman).

The best way to start is to use the search bar to check out the topics already posted about whatever gear/uniform part you are interested in. Just like any of the German focused forums, feel free to post here before buying for opinions. There are much, much less fakes in the US hobby, but there are still fakes out there.

As far as good dealers...any of the banners you see on this forum are reputable dealers. Sellers who rip off collectors are not welcome here, and you can rest assured that those we allow to advertise here are in good standing. There is a list on the right side of the main forum

Kurt Barickman

Welcome to our new Bavarian member. Yes, I too collected Waffen SS a few decades ago and you will have far fewer reproduction USMC items comparable; a have a few items in a couple of Mike Beaver’s books.

Kurt

Kurt Barickman

Well I have no idea how I got that banner but there are many people with more knowledge than myself here on this forum.

Kurt

There are several, and they vary depending on type of item (helmets, uniforms, insignias, etc). It's best to post in the appropriate open subforum for maximum visibility

Hello and welcome from another bavarian. Where in Bavaria do you live? As you read before, USMC as collecting theme is not very common here. Know some collectors who collect US Army as counterpart of the Wehrmacht so they can show of both sides in their collection.

11 hours ago, Backtheattack said:

Hello and welcome from another bavarian. Where in Bavaria do you live? As you read before, USMC as collecting theme is not very common here. Know some collectors who collect US Army as counterpart of the Wehrmacht so they can show of both sides in their collection.

I come from near Ingolstadt. i don't know anyone who collects usmc or us army things. of my buddies i would be the only one who collects us militaria .... but i always find it more interesting when you get more information about it

17 hours ago, I Hate Moths said:

Hello Checkermann1,

Please take a moment to check out an artifact of my Bavarian roots on the World Militaria Forum.

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/314786-royal-bavarian-army-discharge-1839/

Tom

I checked it out. very nice ... you don't see it every day .... very rare !!!!!

I Hate Moths, thank you for this very interesting item. Froschgrün is a part of the Town of Naila, and Herpich is a common name here around, for instance at the town of Hof there is a great catering firm "Herpich Metzgerei".

Checkermann1, I live at Naila near Hof in northern Bavaria.