My Pride and Joy Remington M24 Sniper Rifle

TurdFerguson

Probably my favorite rifle for now that I’d like to finish. Actual contract R700 m24 mid production rifle. 

Still need a leupold mk4 10x scope, OK Webber emergency sights and a flash hider. 

03C182F2-31F5-4EE2-9591-15A2549F88F9.jpeg

19224185-9BDD-4FAD-9901-1213CD3A4A51.jpeg

625D69FA-E663-4395-8F89-724F16AC17DA.jpeg

A8EFC26D-6925-43B7-9773-F0A3F58BA64D.jpeg

I like it,  Ive always wanted to get one one day with the deployment kit bells and whistles.   Here are a couple pubs for it.  The -10 is a must to have with this rifle.  Shows a 1989 date but was current up to 2003 with the changes included in it, so it shows the flash hider.  The Snipers QR covers the M24 zeroing and what not in it as well as info for the M-14, M-107 and M-110 rifles.

M-24 SWS SQR.jpg

Nice find on the Govt Contract rings.   A PVS-10 scope would be pretty cool on one as well.  Could spend tons of money to make up a complete M-24 kit.

They are a fun gun to collect parts for. One of the few modern US sniper rifles available that wouldn't be a clone build. 

On 9/5/2021 at 1:11 PM, TurdFerguson said:

Still need a leupold mk4 10x scope, OK Webber emergency sights and a flash hider. 

OK Webber sights? The M24 systems I saw had Redfield Palma match rear sights and a Redfield globe front sight. These were used for years on many 22lr target rifles (and others) and are still available but at a price. I just searched and found this...

https://simpsonltd.com/palma-redfield-sight-for-winchester-52-c47224/

I think other Redfield rear sights might work just was well (Olympic and International versions). I believe all use the same base. 

I have a Remington 700 PSS and have always wanted to get the sight blocks mounted but just haven't felt the need since it's so far from being an M24. I do have a full set of Palma and Olympic sights (from the CMP) but they are saved for my USMC Remington 40X 22.r and US marked H&R M12 (both from the CMP as well). 

Good luck finding what you need. Great M24 you have there.

1 hour ago, SubgunFun said:

OK Webber sights? The M24 systems I saw had Redfield Palma match rear sights and a Redfield globe front sight. These were used for years on many 22lr target rifles (and others) and are still available but at a price. I just searched and found this...

https://simpsonltd.com/palma-redfield-sight-for-winchester-52-c47224/

I think other Redfield rear sights might work just was well (Olympic and International versions). I believe all use the same base. 

I have a Remington 700 PSS and have always wanted to get the sight blocks mounted but just haven't felt the need since it's so far from being an M24. I do have a full set of Palma and Olympic sights (from the CMP) but they are saved for my USMC Remington 40X 22.r and US marked H&R M12 (both from the CMP as well). 

Good luck finding what you need. Great M24 you have there.

Original contract sight bases were Redfield, WB 490 Redfield P/N 715005 rear Redfield P/N 723001 front .175 tall. After the remaining supply of Redfield International Big bore front sights and Palma rear sight were exhausted new emergency sights and bases were purchased from Rangemaster Precision Arms (RPA) Trakker match sights. Rear sight P/N RP60-1001 and front sight P/N OK-0008

OK Webber is the importer of the sights. The sight blocks are different as are the flash hiders. 

Great info on the sights. Thanks for updating me (I've been out of that loop for a while now). The Trakker sights look impressive.