Forum Member Ian Phillips ( Sabrejet ) passed away Sunday, September 5th, 2021

General Apathy

Late to this news as I haven’t been very active on the forum in a while, but fondly remember engaging with him back in the day and wanted to pay my respects.

• 4 weeks later...
vostoktrading

This is sad news. I just saw this post yesterday. I also haven't been active on the forum for a long time.

The last time we emailed each other was in March of 2021.

I first encountered Ian in the 1990's. He was one of my customers of my paper mail order catalog.

He would order some patches and along with the order would be a hand written letter, usually 4-5 pages long (both sides), asking all kinds of questions and showing his collection with photos included. We had an active letter writing relationship for a long while. He joined USMF soon after I did and it wasn't long before he was the most active poster. He was always so impassioned by whatever he did.

He will be missed.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
General Apathy

Sabrejets birthday today . . . . . . . . . 

Today would have been my friend and forum members friend Ian Phillips 71st birthday, his wife Sian has just sent me the following photograph of her visiting one of their favourite spots and where a brass plaque commemorating Ians life sits. 

fullsizeoutput_207fe.jpeg.4df97e4fe3bd2ff32b40cc180d9e82c3.jpeg

With sad thoughts and happy memories.  Lewis

manayunkman
13 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

Sabrejets birthday today . . . . . . . . . 

Today would have been my friend and forum members friend Ian Phillips 71st birthday, his wife Sian has just sent me the following photograph of her visiting one of their favourite spots and where a brass plaque commemorating Ians life sits. 

fullsizeoutput_207fe.jpeg.4df97e4fe3bd2ff32b40cc180d9e82c3.jpeg

With sad thoughts and happy memories.  Lewis

I miss him too.

• 2 weeks later...