Forum Member Ian Phillips ( Sabrejet ) passed away Sunday, September 5th, 2021

General Apathy

General Apathy

A dear and life-time friend died this morning . . . . . . . . . Ian Phillips ( forum member Sabrejet )

It is with deep sorrow and regret this morning that I have to share the news I received from Ian's wife

" My darling husband Ian passed away at 1.18 this morning, No more pain for lan but lots for me xxx "

Just four short weeks ago Ian was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and that end came today 05 September 2021

.fullsizeoutput_cdfb.jpeg.7ea1127cd59784ee7fccb66aeae93a35.jpeg

lewis.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I know he hasn't been on here for a bit, but he was always very friendly, and we actually messaged casually through the forum many times. I really enjoyed him on here! Will pray for his wife. Very sad to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Ian was an early contributor to the Forum, signing on September 27, 2009.

He was passionate about this hobby and would discuss topics in great detail. 

Being from Britain, he had a European perspective on US militaria which made our forum richer in its diversity.

His last visit was in 2018, but for those of us who traded posts with him, he will not be soon forgotten. 

Farewell Ian.  And thank you for everything you shared with us.

General Apathy

Thanks everyone,  and I shall be forwarding your comments to his wife Sian as I am sure she will be comforted by them.

For forum members who never met Ian here's a shot of John, Ian and Douglas when they stayed with me back in June 2014.

.fullsizeoutput_cdf2.jpeg.6c7b69fbf7361cf67c447597a41449ef.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your sentiments

regards lewis.

I'm saddened to hear this. I've read and enjoyed many of his old posts on the forum. They are both entertaining and informative. Please send my sympathy to his wife, family and friends. 

Mikie

suwanneetrader

Another one of our long time Forum members is gone.  It has been about 3 years since I sold him an item or talked with him.  He was always very nice.  RIP  Richard 

I am saddened to hear of Ian's passing.

His love of history and traveling with his beloved wife Sian were some of the many highlights of his life.

We shared many conversations about the Korean War and his work as a docent at one of his local military museum's in the UK.  I always recall seeing Ian in photos wearing either a field jacket or some other piece of military clothing..

Ian will be greatly missed. His contributions and knowledge here that he shared as well as on the Allied Militaria Forum were bountiful and I learned a lot from Ian in regards to specific types of headgear and helmets..

My condolences to Sian and the rest of the family.

Best regards and Blessings

Leigh 

I’m so sorry to hear of Ian’s passing. We had established a very nice friendship and dialogue over the years and he was a well respected and avid WWII collector. I’m saddened that we weren’t able to connect in person, as we once discussed, during one of my trips to the UK. 

RIP Ian, you will be dearly missed by many. 

Rick

I'm truly saddened to read this. Ian was a unique person, and his posts here were always upbeat and full of a particular enthusiasm which can only have come from him. I used to enjoy our talks together. Rest in Peace Ian. 

My deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to Sian during trying time. 

Indeed very sad to hear of Sabrejets last flight.  His  quick wit and sense of humor combined with his love and knowledge in the hobby will be greatly missed. Sympathy, condolences and blessing to Sian and his family.

Your new journey has begun.  Fly on Ian...Fly on. 

Salvage Sailor

Just these past few weeks I've been musing over the absence of several members including Ian who I've corresponded with for many years on my old website and then this one.  Difficult to reflect the camraderie and satisfaction garnered by these discussions and discoveries made between us on so many subjects.  It's been a long journey Ian, carry on.

Aloha