Assistance in identifying Silk Bag

Edelweisse

Hi Folks:

I picked this silk white bag up at an estate sale of a US Army officer and it’s stamped with a Winged “FKK”.  I’m thinking parachute related for small canopy has a center pocket with white cord on there and small pockets on each side.  What is it?  Thank you for looking 

A4766486-8451-4637-898C-E36F382A2AE9.jpeg

087C3031-87C5-40EE-9DFF-DEFB50490C1F.jpeg

35456BC0-4A0B-4E93-8C8F-ADA331591E53.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, if you search this forum, you find this topic:

on FKK with the matching drogue/parachute.

It looks indeed foreign, my guess would be Northern Europe, but not sure.

Cheers

Ron

Thank you very much Ron!  I ran some queries but in google…not on here..when I should have.  Thank you!  Possible non-US….    

When I found this in the veteran’s estate sale…I only noticed the silk material and the workmanship….and figured it was parachute material.  It was pitched to the side along with a Japanese pistol rubberized strap…from an empty picked over footlocker.  

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at Worthpoint.com, shows us 3 similar marked parachutes with one being 12" diameter. The other several feet.

According to the listing, it is a cargo parachute. That would make the small one, the drogue parachute?

Two of them are identified of being Japanese WW2 origin. They refer to an Imperial star marking stamped on the chute.

I did not expect it to be Asian, due to the "normal" letters.

Not sure if Worthpoint is the source of truth in this, but gives you some more to look in to.

Cheers,

Ron

Very interesting …..wow wouldn’t expect that but as we go about “on the hunt” we run across a lot of things that look really cool/strange that we know nothing/zero about and we get a surprise.  Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...