VIETNAM WAR USMC IMPRESSIONS (1964-1974)

USMC_COLLECTOR

USMC_COLLECTOR

Let’s see some USMC Impressions boys.
Here’s mine…

(Excuse the blurred face, but I don’t want anyone to see it)

1964-1966

(Excuse the discoloration, I haven’t had time to fade it out yet…)

0B603453-841A-4A66-B4F0-C5A93E635378.jpeg

F03A21BD-B60B-46D5-A3A4-3D1C09AFCD53.jpeg

3ED7D339-18AC-4850-B9D7-DDE60247EAC7.jpeg

0C3C1ED1-AB31-407B-8D1E-B37AD841F872.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Please feel free to share your Nam impressions on this thread.

I don't think this page is for impressions... The admin has tightened the reigns on the grouping criteria. There is a dedicated spot for reenactors etc on the forum. I see you are new and don't want you to get your thread locked or removed. Nice looking impression you have there!   Scott

• 2 weeks later...
LE LOUP DES MERS
17 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Nice Impression! Nothing like an Army flak to give you heat stroke... Very impressive.

Hey thanks man, I like your impressions too. Could you go into detail about what your wearing? I think that would be cool.

USMC_COLLECTOR

1956- Early Vietnam all leather combat books, 66 dated, Army OG-107s, (Should be USMC P62's, but they look similar) M1941 Roll-Top pack, 67 dated, M1961 belt, 4 M1961 pouches, Reproduction KA-BAR (WWII Style, still in issue). Korean War Canteens (This is an old picture, I have an Original canteen on my belt now, not the nylon M56 canteen)  Jungle first Aid pouch, m1941 first aid packet. Shovel, from Korea.

1968-1970- 3rd pattern poplin jungle fatigues, 67 dated. M16 bandoleer. Jungle boots (80's panama in the picture, have 67 vibram sole boots now) M1955 flak, first pattern, L size.

1975- USMC embassy guard. EDRL helmet cover, 3rd pattern fatigues, m1967 canteen pouch, m56 canteen pouch, and finally, USMC 30 round LINCOLE pouhes with internal dividers.

LE LOUP DES MERS
1 hour ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

1956- Early Vietnam all leather combat books, 66 dated, Army OG-107s, (Should be USMC P62's, but they look similar) M1941 Roll-Top pack, 67 dated, M1961 belt, 4 M1961 pouches, Reproduction KA-BAR (WWII Style, still in issue). Korean War Canteens (This is an old picture, I have an Original canteen on my belt now, not the nylon M56 canteen)  Jungle first Aid pouch, m1941 first aid packet. Shovel, from Korea.

1968-1970- 3rd pattern poplin jungle fatigues, 67 dated. M16 bandoleer. Jungle boots (80's panama in the picture, have 67 vibram sole boots now) M1955 flak, first pattern, L size.

1975- USMC embassy guard. EDRL helmet cover, 3rd pattern fatigues, m1967 canteen pouch, m56 canteen pouch, and finally, USMC 30 round LINCOLE pouhes with internal dividers.

I had a USMC issue Vietnam era flak vest at one time I believe it was a second pattern but I can't remember on the top of my head. I ended up trading it for an army issue flak vest. The one I'm wearing in the photo is the one I got in the trade. It's in literally mint condition however not as rare as the USMC flak vest. I know complete USMC flak vests are rare to find. The one I had was all complete but not nearly as nice of condition as the army one I got. Best part of all I got a really good deal on the USMC vest I only paid $50. The funny part was I bought it from this guy who said his brother wore it when he went to nam. Asked why he's selling it, he said he hated his brother growing up he was always a jerk to him so this was his way of getting revenge. Anyway I just thought I share that little story. 

USMC_COLLECTOR

Wow, I thought I got a good deal on mine. Mine is salty. Complete, but salty. I got lucky and scored a first pattern. As a USMC collector, I shivered when you traded a USMC flak for an Army one. I noticed in the pictures there is a lot of special equipment. Also the XM177 in the hands of two of your guys. Are you guys going for Army LRRPS? Or standard Army? Also the use of the ARVN ruck has me asking some questions...

LE LOUP DES MERS
27 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Wow, I thought I got a good deal on mine. Mine is salty. Complete, but salty. I got lucky and scored a first pattern. As a USMC collector, I shivered when you traded a USMC flak for an Army one. I noticed in the pictures there is a lot of special equipment. Also the XM177 in the hands of two of your guys. Are you guys going for Army LRRPS? Or standard Army? Also the use of the ARVN ruck has me asking some questions...

Yeah he probably got the better end of the deal. As you and me both know finding a complete USMC vest is pretty rare, but I will also add finding a army issue vest in mint condition is still rare not as rare as finding a complete USMC one though. Yeah USMC collectors normally cringe when they found out I traded it for an army one lol. 

USMC_COLLECTOR

I see your location is in Idaho... What events go on there? There are only a few a year down here, so I'm expanding my hozizons.

LE LOUP DES MERS

Not to sure, now that everything is finally getting back to normal again I heard talk of more airshows happening more often and I guess a real big Vietnam airsoft event is happening next summer. Some military shows I heard might also happen. I don't play airsoft or reenact but I do like dressing up for those events and just hanging out. Your lucky though your in Utah you got that epic d day reenactment.

USMC_COLLECTOR

Hey USARV72, do you have a Huey pilot in your division? I keep seeing those helicopters in the background (Jealous... 😆) Also, in the first image on the most recent post, are you doing marines? But then I see that XM177, and the M21. Just curious... hard to find Vietnam war USMC. WWII on the other hand... Well you guys know.

USMC, no, no “ Slick” pilot, we just had connections with the Air N.G. and one in our group was active duty Major, US Army. Most of one Imposted were from Jamestown M.T.A , early 90’s, one 268th posted were from an event at War Memorial Museum” in Newport News also in late 80’s or early 90’s, did quite a few back then. One from MTA was our “ field demo” where we recovered a downed pilot and called in a Slick to pick him up. Since our Major was active duty he could ride in the Slick where civilians could not, had a good time and as usual we worn several awards. This pic is of us marching back to camp, notice ribbon.

E3CC7437-2431-483D-8CB8-079DC5DB2489.jpeg