Member Matt-M

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Was just forwarded this news this afternoon.

Matthew James Myhal

November 13, 1969 – August 26, 2021

Matthew James Myhal, age 51, of Burbank, California passed away on Thursday, August 26, 2021. Matthew was born November 13, 1969.

Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.valleyfuneralhomeburbank.com for the Myhal family.

Matt was a good guy, I knew him a long time.  He was a roadie for a lot of bands for years and was an active medal collector. 

You will be missed buddy,

Kurt

suwanneetrader

I can’t say much more than has already been said. Knew him through the forum, way too young, good guy to talk to I sold him a few items  always very nice. Richard

Still can't believe I won't see you at Rose bowl, LB flea, Bellflower etc. I know you were "hanging in" there from our last conversation on August 17th. Sorry there wasn't a better outcome.

Your observations on touring were a welcome behind the scenes look at life on the road. I'll miss you Matty!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was sent this obituary and thought I'd add it here:

https://www.vindy.com/obituaries/2021/09/matthew-j-myhal-1969-2021/

image.png

BURBANK, Calif. — Matthew James Myhal, 51, born in Youngstown, on Nov. 13, 1969, passed Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021, at his home, with God by his side.

Music was always part of Matt’s (or “Matty” to his close friends) DNA. Whether making a guitar stand in metal shop or building the actual guitars that he played on stage, there was always a musical tempo to his life. Matt played in a rock band in high school and quickly learned that college just wasn’t his jam, so he moved to LA, signed a record deal and was on the road. When that came to a close, he toured with big-name acts around the world. He was working on The Voice TV show when he passed.

Music wasn’t his only passion in life. He also had a keen eye and knew more about the value of an item than almost anyone he encountered. This intellect and know-how led to a multi-decade side business in which Matt would buy and sell items from historical significance to the guitars he played. He could spot a deal from a mile away and sell that item at a profit with a smile that left both parties in the transaction feeling like they made a trade with a friend.

When it came to friends, he treated them like family. As a matter of fact, Matt treated everyone, from the guy on Wall Street (he did a short stint in NYC) to the guy living under the Santa Monica Pier, like they mattered. One of his friends said after he passed, “He was the most amazing human being.” It was simple for him, God made them all the same way — special.

The people that knew that better than anyone else were his family. He leaves behind his adoring and loving mother (“Ma” to Matt), Linda, who instilled in him a love of Jesus and nurtured him throughout life in his faith. He also leaves his father, Michael, who taught him the love of knowledge and information that built Matt’s side business. Dad also gave him the musical gene.

He leaves four brothers (Matt was number three of five), Michael (Becky), Mark (Beth), David (Tera) and Adam. The only thing that can be said is, a hand missing one of its fingers will never be complete again. Matt or one of his brothers would all jump in at this point to identify which finger each other was, but that is just what it was like when they were all together. We each pray by God’s grace to be united again.

Matthew James Myhal also leaves countless nieces, nephews, extended family and friends that became so much more. In this short time we have on earth we will all be missing the light Matt brought to a room. “We love you Matt.”

A memorial service will be held 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021, at Jersey Church, 13260 Morse Road, New Albany, OH 43054.

Arrangements have been made for remote attendance. For the virtual attendance link or to send a message or remembrance to the family, please email [email protected].

The family requests, in lieu of flowers, please make donations to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (www.stjude.org/donate).