Can anyone tell me the location of an 9th ID APO and when the US Army actually started to use them?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I have an item that was published by the OCTOFOIL Association, 9th Infantry Division, APO 96370. What I do know is that the OCTOFOIL was or still is a magazine published by the 9th ID Association. With that said this is not one of them, this information is actually printed on postcards that have no date. I am trying to figure out the time period and what area it was published. The only information I can find is that APO 96370 is somewhere in the Pacific. So hopefully some one knows the actual location and also when the US Army started using APO's instead of actual addresses. The 9th ID was deactivated in 1991 so I assume the post cards pre-date that time period. Any help is appreciated  Thanks!  

358935065_240626751_221006393328783_2380780044229570630_n(1).jpg.e64a644aae2763188636afcb858d2498.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Hopefully I can find the information I'm looking for 

1 hour ago, postmanusnac said:

This website may help answer some questions.  I believe the owner of the website also wrote a book.

https://www.postalhistory.com/Military/APO/index.htm

I’m not sure about post WW2, but I was under the impression that APOs with that many numbers were transient.  Though I could be wrong.

Hopefully I can find what I'm looking for and I appreciate the information.  Thanks!