U.S. Army Signal Corps Message Record Log from WW2

The Rooster

This is a record book of messages from an U.S. Army unit during WW2.

They span from 1943 to 1944. I don't know what unit or what theater. I dont know how many messages are in it. But it

looks interesting. I should get it in a week or so.

Looks like maybe radio frequencies written on the back cover ?

3 - Copy.jpg

4 - Copy.jpg

5 - Copy.jpg

6 - Copy.jpg

7 - Copy.jpg

8 - Copy.jpg

s-l1600 - Copy.jpg

I see the codename “Noble” used several times. That name was assigned to the 376th AAA AW Battalion in the ETO. Yet many entries lead me to believe that Noble refers to an infantry regiment. I see the term “RCT” (Regimental Combat Team) and “Noble Red 6.” The latter refers to the CO of First Battalion, and that’s inconsistent with the 376th. There’s also a reference to “A+B Co,” also inconsistent with the 376th. One message was sent to the CO 929th FA Battalion, a unit in the ETO assigned to the 104th Infantry Division. That division had three regiments but none codenamed Noble; they were Dagger (413th IR), Devastate (414th IR), and Defiance (415th IR). Not sure what’s going on here. Maybe when you get the book additional pages will provide more clues.

BTW, “Noble 5” refers to the regimental executive officer. "Noble Green" refers to the regimental cannon company. The 104th Division landed in France on September 7, 1944, and that’s consistent with the message dates and content.

Thank you kindly for deciphering those pages...

did some reading and these books contain 50 pages. I think the seller was mistaken saying the messages are from 43-44.

The book was printed in 1943 but Im guessing the messages cover a week or several days in Sept 44.

I'l scan them in when I get it and post the messages here.

Thank you!