1881 Enlisted Men's Helmets

Woodymyster

A while ago, my wife and I did a home addition ourselves to add bedrooms to the house and create a large Master Bedroom and a custom walk in closet.  Doing it ourselves obviously stretched out the completion time, and the last things to be made were several builtin features.  One of the features was a bookcase in our room.  For the past year and a half, the bookcase has been a giant junk draw and for some reason, the wife and I, couldn't come up with an agreed upon decorating scheme for the bookcase.  I finally broke down last weekend while she was gone and decided to decorate it in a way to push her buttons.  Anyways, it makes for a great display of some of my enlisted men's 1881 helmets.  I thought I would post them here considering it looks nice.

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

I think these are so interesting. And completely impractical! I'm most partial to your Post Quartermaster Sergeant piece as I collect just QMC stuff. I have one too though most likely they're mostly Bannerman specials. Either way, I'm glad you have a great collection going. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have thought of adding one of these to honor my GG uncle service.

I have a photo of him posing with his and always wanted one of these to go next to it!!

Excellent display!

I hope the wife Loves it as much as we do!!!!!!!

Semper Fi

Phil