Spares for a Gentex H-4?

Kumo

Got an old Gentex H-4 flight helmet from a collector in Spain. Looks like it has suffered a restoration attempt.

Webbing/leather is in bad shape and it would need the black rubber edge roll at least to look better. So, anyone knows where to get (if possible) spare parts for this helmet? It's maybe a long shot, but...

IMG_20210829_215120.jpg

IMG_20210829_215110~2.jpg

Not many parts available for the H-3-H-4 series helmets. The French used a licensed version (Socapex). You may find something over there. Look for a parts helmet and rob what you can.

Good luck.

There is the liner on Ebay now. Seller is "aotpltd". Size is small. Look under" H-4 flight helmets"

@72psb Thanks for the tip. Looking for pictures I saw Canadians also used this helmet, I'll explore that too.

I already had that liner in my eBay's shopping cart XD it's the best option, imo. Thanks!

Kumo, best of luck on your restoration.

The one thing that stands out to me is the aviator wing decal. It is not correct since it lacks the anchor behind the shield. I have attached an image of the correct type of wings for the H-3 / H-4 series of helmet.

Have fun with that project!NAVY_USMCAviatorWings_2048x2048.png.543b39176feedf06c0a9ec40a6fe4abd.png

@Wayward SonThe decal looks too new for this helmet. Someone has tried to restore it before. But it's a poor job, I think. I'll try to locate a correct decal. Thanks!

I don't know if I can fully restore it, but at least I want it to be better looking and historically correct. 

5 hours ago, 72psb said:

You can get a pretty good decal from Garcia Aviation. The P-3 and P-4 decals on the sheet are incorrect, but the Navy wing is pretty good. 

Located and bookmarked, Thanks!